This loss vs. Wisconsin is on Langsdorf...

The problem isn't finding mistakes and correcting them.

The problem is discussing specific plays publicly, which people will latch onto in their player blaming arguments.

It's also a problem to highlight a possible error by a player in a way that implies that error cost the team the game.

He basically said: our plays were drawn up well, but on each of them guys failed and left the production untapped.

Well, if failure is happening every time, is that on the players or the coaches?

what do you want him to say? We ran a read option at the end there and it was open around the edge but we just haven't taught Tommy how to make that read well enough?

The problem is discussing specific plays publicly, which people will latch onto in their player blaming arguments.

It's also a problem to highlight a possible error by a player in a way that implies that error cost the team the game.

He basically said: our plays were drawn up well, but on each of them guys failed and left the production untapped.

Well, if failure is happening every time, is that on the players or the coaches?

what do you want him to say? We ran a read option at the end there and it was open around the edge but we just haven't taught Tommy how to make that read well enough?

Nothing at all. Or that we need to look at the tape and learn from it.

But to get specific like that and blame the QB for 3 out of 4 plays - that's low class.

Did he call out Langs at all? Or only players subject to public criticism?

Nothing at all. Or that we need to look at the tape and learn from it.

But to get specific like that and blame the QB for 3 out of 4 plays - that's low class.

Did he call out Langs at all? Or only players subject to public criticism?

he has done his fair share of criticising the play calling and maybe he shouldn't have talked about it with the media but he isn't wrong in saying Tommy makes some poor decisions at times. Improvement can be made in play calling, no doubt. But sometimes it isn't the play calling that sabatoges the play.

This is how CM operates. Im gonna try it out

Riley didnt exactly say it was Tommy's fault. He didnt come out and say "Tommy messed up and shoulda kept it". All he said was the play had great potentional, and that it's tough to look back on how it went down. But he didnt exactly say Tommy messed up.

See what I did there? God im good.

Maybe it's the play design then:

If we wouldve been a little bit earlier to him or waited just a hair longer, Zo (Alonzo Moore) was going to be in great shape on that, Riley said of the third-down pass.

This goes back to the problem with the system (and benefit if you have tom Brady). The reads and execution are very advanced - Tommy should have, apparently, thrown sooner against bracket coverage or held the ball longer for Zo to come open.

Personally, I looked back at the play and don't see how a 3 receiver pattern was going to bring anyone open against a 6 man coverage.

Here's a question: what do people find dynamic or interesting about the current offensive scheme and playcalling?

If we wouldve been a little bit earlier to him or waited just a hair longer, Zo (Alonzo Moore) was going to be in great shape on that, Riley said of the third-down pass.

This goes back to the problem with the system (and benefit if you have tom Brady). The reads and execution are very advanced - Tommy should have, apparently, thrown sooner against bracket coverage or held the ball longer for Zo to come open.

Personally, I looked back at the play and don't see how a 3 receiver pattern was going to bring anyone open against a 6 man coverage.

Here's a question: what do people find dynamic or interesting about the current offensive scheme and playcalling?

Aaron Semm covered this yesterday in how Wisconsin did an excellent job disguising this pre snap. They showed max blitz, after which Nebraska checked into a 3 man route, and Wisconsin dropped into a zone blitz which is what caused the 3 man route against 6 man coverge. What was really impressive was how Wisconsin really showed it.

The offense is a good offense. But like any other offense, you need a good (on top of a good fit) qb and a strong oline. We just dont have that right now.

It's hard to tell with how it looks right now but we have routes that come open that would be big gains and we don't execute. Honestly our offense looks terrible at times but ends up scoring pretty well. We had a solid outing against Wisconsin overall when you look at the numbers.

Obviously 7 more points would have been ideal and we were a few missed throws away from that. We were probably a few questionable play calls away from that as well but the chemistry is off right now more than the scheme is no good or Langs is a bad coach in my opinion

I can't believe a coach would discuss plays publicly.

I'm glad he does. I hope he keeps doing it. And if a player made a bad decision, he shouldn't expect it not to be kept under wraps for the sake of protecting him. It's not like they're beating him over the head with this. Like Count said, it's a message of accountability. Everyone takes their share.

As for this "every time" garbage, Nebraska is 7-1.

I'm glad he does. I hope he keeps doing it. And if a player made a bad decision, he shouldn't expect it not to be kept under wraps for the sake of protecting him. It's not like they're beating him over the head with this. Like Count said, it's a message of accountability. Everyone takes their share.

Zoogs, I was referring to every time in OT. That's what Riley said. "Each play had more potential if executed properly." On 3 of 4 of them he placed the blame on Armstrong.

He also makes a lot of assumptions that if a throw is more outside, it's definitely caught for a TD, even though players drop passes and step out of bounds all of the time.

It's pretty clear at this point that the coaches feel stuck with TA. I wish they'd just make a change to PO rather than regularly talk about Armstrong not executing.

I have yet to see Langs or any coach take his share of blame for an unimaginative offense that doesn't highlight the skills of its players.

Oh, I see.

But I'd expect a coach to say that about most plays that don't work. If they could have been run better, I'd expect the coach to talk about that, not hide it for anyone's sake.

I think you're arguing yourself into a weird corner with saying Riley assumed a better throw is definitely caught for a TD. Was that the claim, or was he saying that's where the throw needed to be? If you can agree with that, and that short of a dropped pass or stepping out of bounds, what exactly is your problem with the statement? (And, didn't the announcers say the same thing -- outside versus inside?)

If anything should be clear, it's that the coaches absolutely love Tommy. The last coach here, the most point-the-finger guy you ever met, fed us this delusion that his blame-the-world was a noble act of defending his kids. I think it's best we step outside of that. Riley's an open guy, and the criticisms he makes are clearly constructive.

• Fire 1

Zoogs, I was referring to every time in OT. That's what Riley said. "Each play had more potential if executed properly." On 3 of 4 of them he placed the blame on Armstrong.

He also makes a lot of assumptions that if a throw is more outside, it's definitely caught for a TD, even though players drop passes and step out of bounds all of the time.

It's pretty clear at this point that the coaches feel stuck with TA. I wish they'd just make a change to PO rather than regularly talk about Armstrong not executing.

I have yet to see Langs or any coach take his share of blame for an unimaginative offense that doesn't highlight the skills of its players.

Sometimes the truth hurts. He's really not wrong.