This loss vs. Wisconsin is on Langsdorf...

Like I said earlier, I think a lot of this has to do with the type of plays being called. Langs was doing a great job of managing TA early in the year - giving him easy throws. He's largely gone away from that the last three games.

https://twitter.com/danhoppen/status/792737178040225792

and why is that? I think hes still banged up. Ladt night ge had the one throw where he fell down cuz ge obviously had a tweek in his foot. Now his back is feeling some pain. This is the problem with the coveted running quarterback that folks started to flip on again after the oregon win. When hes not healthy enough to run effectively, whats your contingency? RPOs arent clicking cuz theres no complexity and the run isnt a legit threat. Theres was another play last night on a 3rd and short where Tommy scrambled and looked to have 5-7 yards easy but he looked so slow and the defense closed and he then ran laterally and barely got it. Im tellin ya guys. I thinks hes hurtin worse than we want to admit. And its affectin throwing mechanics as well.

I think he has some nagging issue, like Martinez, that negatively effects his game. Running, throwing, movement in general.... Throw in he has issues throwing at times when healthy, it compounds the issues. We lose his mobility and can't throw, it kills this O. Still standing by my comments that Langs called a crap game. Don't want folks saying I'm changing my mind!

Regardless of the reason, i.e. TA injured, OL injured, Carter injured, it effects play calling (Langs has to adjust), but more importantly shows a glaring lack of depth.....Something we are sorely lacking.

Like I said earlier, I think a lot of this has to do with the type of plays being called. Langs was doing a great job of managing TA early in the year - giving him easy throws. He's largely gone away from that the last three games.

and why is that? I think hes still banged up. Ladt night ge had the one throw where he fell down cuz ge obviously had a tweek in his foot. Now his back is feeling some pain. This is the problem with the coveted running quarterback that folks started to flip on again after the oregon win. When hes not healthy enough to run effectively, whats your contingency? RPOs arent clicking cuz theres no complexity and the run isnt a legit threat. Theres was another play last night on a 3rd and short where Tommy scrambled and looked to have 5-7 yards easy but he looked so slow and the defense closed and he then ran laterally and barely got it. Im tellin ya guys. I thinks hes hurtin worse than we want to admit. And its affectin throwing mechanics as well.

If he's banged up, we should be throwing more of the easy throws, not less.

And if he's that hurt that he can't run and can't complete 40% of his passes, we should be playing someone else. The story used to be the coaching staff were idiots if they kept playing someone who was too injured to be effective. Ffye can't be that bad that he can't complete 40%.

One of the things that the OC knows far better than the arm chair OC's is the condition of his players. Almost every single lineman is injured, ankles, knees. Their ability to do one thing, IE pull or block to the right, maybe affected by their injuries more. Our running backs and QB the same. You take the whole situation into consideration I would think. What can they do without putting them in a worse situation. Tommy is still hurt, the Oline is hurt. Your not playing the game with a perfect set of players. IE, Coach I can plant an get a good push to the right, not so much the left. He has to take that into consideration, or at least I would think he does.

It seems everyone is a coach, knows more than the guys paid millions of dollars to do it. My guess is 99% of these so called OC's DC's would shyt their pants if they had that type of pressure on them.

I know you won your peewee league, held everyone to less than 29 yards a game, and your undersized RB ran for 300 yards every game. That is exactly what I think when I read this crap. Yea you!

• Fire 3

One of the things that the OC knows far better than the arm chair OC's is the condition of his players. Almost every single lineman is injured, ankles, knees. Their ability to do one thing, IE pull or block to the right, maybe affected by their injuries more. Our running backs and QB the same. You take the whole situation into consideration I would think. What can they do without putting them in a worse situation. Tommy is still hurt, the Oline is hurt. Your not playing the game with a perfect set of players. IE, Coach I can plant an get a good push to the right, not so much the left. He has to take that into consideration, or at least I would think he does.It seems everyone is a coach, knows more than the guys paid millions of dollars to do it. My guess is 99% of these so called OC's DC's would shyt their pants if they had that type of pressure on them.I know you won your peewee league, held everyone to less than 29 yards a game, and your undersized RB ran for 300 yards every game. That is exactly what I think when I read this crap. Yea you!

you mad?

And if he's that hurt that he can't run and can't complete 40% of his passes, we should be playing someone else. The story used to be the coaching staff were idiots if they kept playing someone who was too injured to be effective. Ffye can't be that bad that he can't complete 40%.

If you count the 40% there are 4 negative words in that short bolded sentence - i'm guessing we might want to go with something a little more positive. Also don't think the players and coaches are looking for a benchmark of 40%

I am just sick to death of the Bobots. We are 7-1, have been in every game. Lose a game and still in the top 10. It never happened with the moron that is gone. Jesus give the kids and the staff a break.

I have never coached football, do not know enough about it to even think I could. But I have coached, trained, Olympic and World Class athletes. Ran/owned business's with 300 employees and managed Corporation level racing teams. I understand how tough of a job they have.

Unless you are setting in that seat, you have no idea of what goes on. Yea it sucks to lose, we all hate it, but no where near as much as the kids who work year around for that 60 minutes, the staff that spends most of their lives away from their families to provide a bunch of whiners entertainment. No one wants to win worse than that group. And 99% are not qualified to carry any of their jock straps. It amazes me how smart internet coaches are. But of course no proof of being that great is required. Just rant away.

• Fire 3

It wasn't Fyfe's completion percentage that lost the Purdue game last year.

I agree. It was having him pass it 48 times that was the biggest contributor.

Definitely agree with this from Sean Callahan. Pretty odd time to put Wilbon in the game. I know Newby was a little knicked up at some point but he was in the game on the previous possession and didn't seem to be having any problems. Then we go with two straight passes with a QB who was 7 for 20 when he took the field for that drive.

***You really have to question the offensive play calling after Gerry's first interception. The Huskers had excellent field position and did nothing with the football when they had a chance to seize the momentum. You got the sense after the game even Riley was disappointed with the play selection.

HOL

• Fire 2

I am just sick to death of the Bobots. We are 7-1, have been in every game. Lose a game and still in the top 10. It never happened with the moron that is gone. Jesus give the kids and the staff a break.I have never coached football, do not know enough about it to even think I could. But I have coached, trained, Olympic and World Class athletes. Ran/owned business's with 300 employees and managed Corporation level racing teams. I understand how tough of a job they have.Unless you are setting in that seat, you have no idea of what goes on. Yea it sucks to lose, we all hate it, but no where near as much as the kids who work year around for that 60 minutes, the staff that spends most of their lives away from their families to provide a bunch of whiners entertainment. No one wants to win worse than that group. And 99% are not qualified to carry any of their jock straps. It amazes me how smart internet coaches are. But of course no proof of being that great is required. Just rant away.

hey man. Im with ya on all that. You know me. I always try to give the coaches the benefit of the doubt.

Tricky tjing is we still have one hell of a clash of comforts between OC and QB. Its no ones fault just a matter of circumstance. Add in a severly banged up oline and banged QBs comfort and were really feeling handcuffed offensively right now.

I agree. It was having him pass it 48 times that was the biggest contributor.

We couldn't seem to get it going on the ground that day. 77 yards on 29 attempts for a 2.7 ypc average. That just isn't cutting it. How many more times do you think we should have run it when it was working so poorly?

Maybe the biggest contributor wasn't the fact that he threw 48 times for over 400 yards, but just maybe it was his poor decisions that resulted in 4 interceptions...and wasn't the fumble credited to him as well for a total of 5 turnovers? Five turnovers will kill you dead.

We have Tommy. Tommy has never changed. He has abilities and has draw backs. Now he is hurt and can not move like he could. They have to work around that. No he is not doing as well as he was earlier in the season, but his down turn comes about the time he was injured. Grand Stand OC's don't seem to see it, don't understand physical limits brought on by injuries, nor do they understand that those injuries may affect every part of their game. But let one of them have a banged up ankle or knee, and they would whining like a baby, don't go to work. But these kids are supposed to play to the same level.

Why can't we give this guy the same chance we gave the past coach. A coach that worked ever so hard to put Nebraska in a hole when he left the first time. How he called athletes on the team, tried to poison the team while at Oklahoma. None of that comes up about that slime ball.

Tommy was not recruited by Mike Riley nor were the running backs, the Oline nor the Dline for the most part. We will see more of what Riley brings to the table next year, but damn it we need to support these kids, that are here, doing everything they can to be the best they can be. (Not an Army recruiter).. Comments about Dalvin Cook, how many teams have a Dalvin Cook, maybe LSU?

They read this crap, they hear about how bad some think the staff is. How useless, unqualified they are. My guess is most of them laugh at us, and are just as thankful spit wad is gone.

But TheSker is correct, Mike Riley is the head coach at Nebraska, a title that Mr. Pelini will never have, nor anything remotely comparative to it again.

• Fire 1

Why can't we give this guy the same chance we gave the past coach. A coach that worked ever so hard to put Nebraska in a hole when he left the first time. How he called athletes on the team, tried to poison the team while at Oklahoma. None of that comes up about that slime ball.

People were complaining from day 1 of the Bo, Bill, Frank, Tom, and Bob eras too. Complaining about playcalls isn't something new or unique to the Riley era.

O

People were complaining from day 1 of the Bo, Bill, Frank, Tom, and Bob eras too. Complaining about playcalls isn't something new or unique to the Riley era.
yep. And its also still ok to call out those ppl as total idiots.
  • Fire 2