This loss vs. Wisconsin is on Langsdorf...

For those calling out internet OC's, fo fiddy sucks......I'm not a ST coordinator either. Any ST coordinators please confirm my opinion. Our pass D stunk last year. Oh, I'm not a DC either.......

When something sucks, it doesn't take a subject matter expert to discern that. It takes common sense. Dude stunk tonight.

• Fire 3

I love the people who just give a pass to Langs for this BS. We all see it isn't working, yet he continues to do it and you all call us internet OC's. It's just common friggin sense if others see it, it aint working and yet we aren't making what, 500K a year for stupidity. Give me 500-900k a year and I can be an idiot myself and you all can bad mouth me, but i'd still have some dumbarse here asking about internet OC's.

Then why don't you actually go apply to be an offensive coordinator?

Seriously. If it's that common sense, and you can make almost a million dollars a year doing it...why are you wasting your time posting on Huskerboard? Go get paid to do just as good/bad of a job for a few years and be set for life financially.

• Fire 2

Common sense is realizing that Nebraska answered the "do we belong?" questions with an emphatic yes tonight.Common sense is saying, "Good game, Huskers. Almost had 'em."Pretty phenomenal defense they played today. Could've played better, but the Huskers left it all on the field, too. Let's hope they get healthier this week for Ohio State; will need all hands on deck.As for you guys with your better plays and better schemes, I'm sure if you look up Huskers.com you can submit them to somebody in the Athletic Department by email, and perhaps they'll make coaching changes accordingly.

C'mon zooms. This is pretty weak.

Even Riley said at half time that we needed to get to the edge more. That starts with calling plays designed to get there.

Then I turn it over to FSU/Clemson.

Newby is not Dalvin Cook but he has break-away ability. Cook is stomping on Clemson's throat by getting to the edge and taking it to the house.

P L A Y. C A L L I N G......

Clemson is my other team I follow. I agree with you're above. Staying away from the strength of Clemsons D....

I love the people who just give a pass to Langs for this BS. We all see it isn't working, yet he continues to do it and you all call us internet OC's. It's just common friggin sense if others see it, it aint working and yet we aren't making what, 500K a year for stupidity. Give me 500-900k a year and I can be an idiot myself and you all can bad mouth me, but i'd still have some dumbarse here asking about internet OC's.

Seriously. If it's that common sense, and you can make almost a million dollars a year doing it...why are you wasting your time posting on Huskerboard? Go get paid to do just as good/bad of a job for a few years and be set for life financially.

Oh i'm sure you're bright enough to realize that if someone applies, you wont get the job. Football in all forms is all about who you know, not about what you know.

If this loss is on Langsdorf then the wins are on him too, right?

I mean... yeah, there are a lot of things we can second-guess him for tonight. Rolling Tommy out was the first thing I thought of, too. But he's gotten it to work seven times already this year. Damned near got it to work this week.

• Fire 3

12/31 and 2 picks. Even a decent throwing QB gets us a field goal chance at the end of regulation. If you want to blame somebody, blame YOLO. You can't make chicken salad with chicken poo. Lang's ingredient at QB was chicken poo tonight.

That said, give Wisky credit. That D is good. Our guys played hard and I'm proud of them. We need some upgrades, but we're getting there. The future is bright.

• Fire 3

Sigh...I guess every offensive coordinator/play caller that has played Wisconsin should be fired considering they are top 5 in every defensive category after playing FIVE top ten teams so far this season. That defense is probably the best in the country with the possible exception of Alabama.

I'm sure there are some calls he would like back, but all of you internet geniuses that think you know more than our coaches absolutely make me weep for the ignorance of society.

ITDTG how many runs up the gut can you call before you realize, that crap aint working? Apparently it's like 40 because that idiot Langsdorf kept calling the same play on first down nearly every series. In OT he called it twice in a friggin row.

Well, when you are working with a hobbled offensive line that can't pull and you have injuries everywhere you try to make things work. Let's lay this out there for a second...

He has a QB that cannot make more than 2 reads without chucking it deep or into coverage.

The backup is so much worse that they are afraid to run the zone read in case Tommy gets hurt and we have to play Fyfe.

He has an offensive line that is beat to sh#t and the backups were blocking high school kids within in the last 2 seasons.

He has lost his best player for the last 3 weeks (Cethan Carter).

Ozigbo hasn't been effective on that ankle.

Alonzo Moore hasn't been the same since his injury.

Dylan Utter is not very damn good and Knevel struggles blocking air.

Westerkamp is a warrior, but he was obviously hobbled all night.

Our only playmaker right now outside of Armstrong is Morgan, and he ran at least 5 TERRIBLE routes tonight.

All of this, and we did enough to play to OT on the road against a top 10 team that has the best defense in the conference and possibly the nation. Add to that the fact we are coming off of a losing season and 7 straight years of getting prison raped by every team with a pulse and I am encouraged by the effort.

A couple plays here or there and we win the game, but moral victories are for little kid soccer teams. Build on it, be angry, practice your ass off and beat Ohio State. We are 7-1 and will probably stay in or near the top 10. Beat Ohio State and win the conference and we can still get in the playoff, however if you thought this was a playoff team I have a bridge to sell you in San Francisco.

There are many positive things to take from this season, and I can't understand calling for coaches heads from a bunch of people that have never been coaches let alone a Power 5 coordinator.

I see everything you said, but the same point still remains. Why not run to the outside at least a few times after seeing it has worked damn near every single time you've run it. Why do you insist on running it 2 times in a row in OT when you know for a friggin fact it aint going to work. The 5 or 6 times we actually ran it ouside, it got anywhere from 7 yards to nearly 20, but it just never happened again. The man went full Beck and stopped everytime it worked and never ran it again until 30 plays down the road.

That just plain isn't true. Multiple times we tried an outside run, and the edge was set by Wisconsin's outstanding crew of OLB. We even tried a jet sweep and an end around action but they flow to well to the ball and are extremely disciplined on the back side. We hit two outside runs with Newby but one of those were bounces on inside zone, but the other big runs in the second half were also inside zone (Ozigbo for like 15, Newby for 19). Tommy had a couple, but they adjusted to how the defended the zone read where they had a spy (play side ILB or S) on Tommy and Morgan ran incorrect routes on the RPO so that was a guaranteed loss play because Tommy had to eat it or tuck it to try and get a couple. Plus Knevel got his fat ass shoved back into the backfield on every one of those plays.

Our problem is mostly offensive line. They really are playing poorly right now.

• Fire 3

Oh i'm sure you're bright enough to realize that if someone applies, you wont get the job. Football in all forms is all about who you know, not about what you know.

The question still remains - if it's that common sense, why aren't you going after such an easy massive paycheck? Going to clinics, making connections with coaches, even if you don't get up to 900k you could certainly make some nice discretionary income for a high school program.

Of course, I'm being facetious, because you and I have a teaspoon's worth of football knowledge compared to D1 coordinators and it's incredibly ignorant and audacious to think otherwise.

• Fire 2

The question still remains - if it's that common sense, why aren't you going after such an easy massive paycheck? Going to clinics, making connections with coaches, even if you don't get up to 900k you could certainly make some nice discretionary income for a high school program.

Of course, I'm being facetious, because you and I have a teaspoon's worth of football knowledge compared to D1 coordinators and it's incredibly ignorant and audacious to think otherwise.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner...

They did call plays to get to the edge tonight. Obviously not to everyone's satisfaction, but it never is. Those plays also didn't work all the time.

Yeah, I'd love for Nebraska to have had 400 yards of offense tonight, but I think they hung in there and played Wisky pretty tough. Yardage of any kind was hard to come by, but they made some key plays and were in position to win it.

"Weak" is trying to pin this loss on a coach or a part of the team (or this play versus that play, etc). I'll pass on that. I'm enjoying this season too much to partake :D

• Fire 2