Line Play

How do you guys feel about the line play (both sides) thus far? How do you feel about it going forward? Is the potential there? Do we have the ability to compete on this front?

I ask because it seems as if we have been able to beat lesser teams by wearing them down; out-man them on the line as the game goes on. However, it seems as if we were worn down by Wisc.

Michigan is back on the scene in a big way, and I can't help but be impressed by their impressive O-line. They look HUGE, strong and play that way, too. Alabama has been this way as well; and we all already know this, but it has become more apparent than ever that line play wins games more than anything else.

Do these teams have superior line coaching? I know they have superior talent coming in.

I was pissed about the predictable play calling vs. Wisc.; but looking back, Wisc. was just as predictable. Ala. has never been overly flashy offensively.

Neb's O-line play has been a weakness the past couple years, imo at least, but it seems they have turned a corner under this coaching staff. Hopefully this trend continues; is the incoming talent on the lines sufficient to compete? Is the coaching staff skilled enough to build a great unit year in and year out? How do we compete with other major programs on this front?

Just food for thought.

• Fire 1

Michigan's line benefits quite a bit from Brady Hoke being a masterful recruiter - at least as far as the numbers go, and then Jim Harbaugh picking up right where he left off.

Our lines have played well - the lack of depth and injuries can not be overstated, and neither of those things fall on the coaches imo.