Vote on retaining the ban on death penalty (how are you voting)

Ban on death penalty  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

repeal of the repeal? or just the repeal? i wanted to keep the repeal. So i voted no to the repeal.

wait....

so are we gonna have a f'ing death penalty or not?

If you voted no you voted to keep the death penalty. A vote yes was a vote for the repeal of the death penalty.

The options were repeal and retain. A vote for retain was a vote to retain the repeal.

A vote to repeal was a vote to repeal the repeal. Ergo, vote repeal to revert to the death penalty.

It sounds like Count voted retain, to keep the death penalty repealed, by saying 'no' to 'Repeal'.

yes. I voted for "no death penalty". Which based on my smartassery above, is how the damne thing shoulda been worded. "do you want a death penalty? ___yes ___no. k. thnx. by."

Im a smart guy. borderline genius in fact. I had to read and re-read it 3 times just to make for damn sure that I did what it was i wanted to do.

All but on county voted certain way. I wonder how different that number woulda been if it were simply wording. Being serious.

• Fire 2

+1 I also had to read it a few times to be sure. The ballot was basically - the death penalty was abolished - do you want to keep the ban or not. Unless I'm mistaken. It didn't seem to be worded in a very accessible way. The way you were even asking, it sounded like you voted to reinstate the death penalty by accident. EDIT: Feel free to correct me if that isn't right.