Vote on retaining the ban on death penalty (how are you voting)

Ban on death penalty  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is if you live in Nebraska.

We vote today to either support or lift the ban on the death penalty. So, how are you voting?

Straight from a sample ballot:

Referendum ordered by Petition of the People Referendum No. 426 A vote to “Retain” will eliminate the death penalty and change the maximum penalty for the crime of murder in the first degree to life imprisonment by retaining Legislative Bill 268, passed in 2015 by the First Session of the 104th Nebraska Legislature.

A vote to “Repeal” will keep the death penalty as a possible penalty for the crime of murder in the first degree by repealing Legislative Bill 268, passed in 2015 by the First Session of the 104th Nebraska Legislature.

The purpose of Legislative Bill 268, passed by the First Session of the 104th Nebraska Legislature in 2015, is to eliminate the death penalty and change the maximum penalty for the crime of murder in the first degree to life imprisonment. Shall Legislative Bill 268 be repealed?

Get rid of the death penalty. Although I have qualms about it in cases like the d-bag who shot those two cops in Iowa. Guys like that deserve a bullet & a shallow grave, the vengeancy side of me says.

The other side of me says the State should not be involved in executions. Even one innocent dead by mistake is too many.

A family friend was on trial for murder when I was a child. He was innocent, and exonerated, but for a while there it seemed like he was going to be convicted. It was one of the very few times I've ever seen my dad cry, praying for his release. Can't have guys like that executed if the jury makes the wrong decision.

• Fire 2

When I google "Nebraska Ballot" this is the question that comes up.

The purpose of Legislative Bill 268, passed by the First Session of the 104th Nebraska Legislature in 2015, is to eliminate the death penalty and change the maximum penalty for the crime of murder in the first degree to life imprisonment. Shall Legislative Bill 268 be repealed?

So, you tell me???

When i was young and immature, i used to be so pro death penalty. "shoot that m-f'r" id always think. LOL. Now, just stick em in a prison for the rest of their life. i dont care about the economics or the morality or the religion behind it. it's all about the punishment for me. What better punishment than to stick em in a nasty place with nasty ppl and let em think about it for the rest of their lives. They KILLED someone. Obviously they dont care about life. Killing them is just doing them a favor.

• Fire 2

Somebody who votes: Let us know if the wording on the ballot is confusing. As I understand it, a vote to repeal would reinstate the death penalty. The ballot should be clear as to whether this is the case.

I wonder how many voters misread their ballot and vote the wrong way?

• Fire 1

Somebody who votes: Let us know if the wording on the ballot is confusing. As I understand it, a vote to repeal would reinstate the death penalty. The ballot should be clear as to whether this is the case.

These ballots are so badly worded so often that I have to read them two or three times before voting. I'm sure everyone doesn't do that. It's scary to think how many votes have been messed up due to garbled language on the ballot.

The wording I put in the quotes above are directly off of a sample ballot I found on line. So, that should be how it is worded when people go vote.

These ballots are so badly worded so often that I have to read them two or three times before voting. I'm sure everyone doesn't do that. It's scary to think how many votes have been messed up due to garbled language on the ballot.

That has to be on purpose, right? There should be a law! :lol: