also. i finally used our sketchy ignore function on cm. Can you ppl quit quoting it please?

This forum's ignore function is basically useless.

not to mention that little teaser everytime they post. I had forgotten about that stupid ass feature "such-n-such has posted. would you like to view it?" Dont ppl know my self control is on a very low level?

Not to mention, that's not what Milt used to do. It's been demonstrated that Milt subbed linemen early and often, even in the '94 orange bowl against an outstanding Miami front.

Not this sh#t again....

Some people hate facts. I get it. Willful ignorance is rampant.

the perfect description on the vast majority of your posts.

why did milt say they didnt rotate back then either earlier this year or last? oh right, your reason was milt was senile and misremembered.

• Fire 1

Not to mention, that's not what Milt used to do. It's been demonstrated that Milt subbed linemen early and often, even in the '94 orange bowl against an outstanding Miami front.

Not this sh#t again....

the perfect description on the vast majority of your posts.

why did milt say they didnt rotate back then either earlier this year or last? oh right, your reason was milt was senile and misremembered.

Or, like he has with three to four previous OL coaches, he defended his own, even if he wasn't accurate in his statements.

We have the film. We know that he rotated players. To claim otherwise is simply false. I won't speculate further on why he stated false information.

At best, we're the #6 team in the conference. I just don't understand how some people are OK with that. This "don't worry; it'll be OK" attitude that many people have, when very little growth has been shown in 2 years, just kills me. The clock is ticking -- these are urgent, desperate times -- other teams are passing us by, feast or famine, sink or swim -- but don't worry, it'll be ok.

clock is ticking? Urgent desperate times? College football will be played for another 100 years, I think we have some time. And in that 100 years what if we don't win a single game? What will happen? What are you going to do about it? Fire another coach after a year or two and start over? Throw a check at the big name that will do it. Realistically, building a dominate program can take time. It took Tom Osborne 15 years. Maybe we should just be happy with where we are and support our team going forward and trust that maybe stability will get us somewhere worth going.

Also, it's not that important to say we are in desperate times, come on man people are ok with this because A) there is nothing we can do about it and B) at the end of the day it's just a game and most of us spend 85% of our time on other things.

I think what the OP meant is do we want settle and be the Chicago Cubs of NCAA football? I was in my 20s the last time we were relevant... I am now staring at 50. That's urgent... I'd like to see the Huskers return to national prominence before I die. Is that not a desperate situation?
Well I don't know what kind of health you are in, but I would say no. In college football there is no such thing as the Chicago Cubs of the sport. Too many teams and the recruiting game make it absolutely impossible for some teams make it to the top. Others very difficult.

I would put us slightly above that group but I can think of 20 schools minimum it would be way easier to win a title at. That's not saying we can't, we can but at some point we have to realize it may be awhile.

Next year we will be 20 years removed from a title. In that time 10 teams have won titles. I could go back further and find that only a handful of schools actually win championships. In this era? It will be even less. Point being this is how the sport goes. It's important to enjoy your team for what they are doing.

And honestly with everything considered we are doing pretty well. Go back and look at the 23 years between titles for NU last time. If you compare that to our current 19 year drought, they aren't all that different when you take into consideration playing in the Big 8 with no title game is a little easier than the Big 12 likely was and the Big 10 as well. Yes TOs run was better prior to winning titles than we have had since 97, but 3 coaching changes can do that to you. If we would have stuck with Solich it would be much easier to compare because it would have been nearly identical to the switch from Devaney to TO and I think that consistency in coaching really helped TO be good for such a long time then reach the pinnacle. He knew what almost worked for the Huskers. He saw what needed to be done to really win because he had not quite made it for so long. The failures created the success at the highest level. We need to let a coach fail without showing him the door so quickly because I believe that it is important to learn from those failures.

In the end it isn't an desperate situation for multiple reason. 1 Unfortunately the landscape of college football makes it hard for us to be great. 2 We had a longer streak without a title than we are currently on. Please don't bring up conference titles, if we played in the Big 8 the last 19 years we probably would have won a few. 3 it's just a game and no matter what happens, if we return to relevance or not, im sure on your death bed it will not be important to you. I know it won't be for me.

I get that we don't want to settle for mediocrity, I don't want to settle for mediocrity, but in all reality we aren't mediocre we are above average. There is a difference and being above average puts us close to that greatness. Close enough everyone is frustrated when we don't get there. It's understandable, but patience is needed. Some people don't have any left and for those people it may seem like dire times now. I can't imagine what they would be saying if we weren't going bowling for the second straight year like Texas. Now if that happened then I might agree with you

Not this sh#t again....

Personal attack!