The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine

7 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

They've definitely found their shiny red ball to keep people distracted, haven't they?

Distracted from what? The inflation that killed everyone’s raises and tax breaks?  The abysmal foreign policy?  The border disaster?  A President who falls asleep on the World stage and can’t seem to put coherent thoughts together?  Congress trying to swindle the people by putting together a bill and costing it out over 10 years but having the benefits expire in 4-5 years?  Hmmmm…good thing we aren’t thinking about those I guess. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Distracted from what? The inflation that killed everyone’s raises and tax breaks?  The abysmal foreign policy?  The border disaster?  A President who falls asleep on the World stage and can’t seem to put coherent thoughts together?  Congress trying to swindle the people by putting together a bill and costing it out over 10 years but having the benefits expire in 4-5 years?  Hmmmm…good thing we aren’t thinking about those I guess. 

Yes....those are all valid issues.  CRT....not so much.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm going off of people who complain about it and nobody has shown me why it's a valid issue.

And then they claim what they're claiming actually isn't happening. And when you try to talk to them about it, you get "Si" or "obtuse."

Republicans! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

And reading up on it on your own?  Yes/no?

I have tried reading various articles on it a few weeks ago that aren't political propaganda.  That's fairly hard to find since Republicans seem to have taken over this as their new boogy man issue.

So, I'm trying to simply have conversations with people who are so against it and understand why.  You're not the only one I've asked.  And....nobody can really give me a good answer.  They just hear that it's bad so it's bad.

Basically, all I get are answers like...."It makes little Jonny feel bad".  But...nobody can spell out how it makes little Jonny feel bad and what school systems are actively doing this.

Heck, Tucker even admits he doesn't know what CRT is....but he knows it's bad.

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Who here said that?

Ummm....you???

I have no problem whatsoever in the history section of education pointing more of the downside of the countries history such as the Tulsa Massacre.  People should know more about that and other such instances/struggles of minorities.  But it shouldn’t be taught in the context of our country was a bad country.  Race shouldnt be taught as a defining factor for someone in today’s day and age, white kids shouldn’t be taught to feel guilty about what some people did 100, 200, 300 years ago, etc…

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
45 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

51 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Who here said that?

Ummm....you???

I have no problem whatsoever in the history section of education pointing more of the downside of the countries history such as the Tulsa Massacre.  People should know more about that and other such instances/struggles of minorities.  But it shouldn’t be taught in the context of our country was a bad country.  Race shouldnt be taught as a defining factor for someone in today’s day and age, white kids shouldn’t be taught to feel guilty about what some people did 100, 200, 300 years ago, etc…

Oh please.  I thought you were better than this, but apparently not.  Your post about “Little Johnny” is pure stupid snark.  You always claim to be above that type of rhetoric.  Jokes on us I guess.  

This post of mine you linked to actually says kids should be taught more about those atrocities.  At the same time, they should NOT be taught to feel guilty about things that happened long ago because they are white and white people did bad things long ago.   Quite different than snarkishly saying “It makes Little Johnny feel bad”. 

Why be that way?  At least we now know you aren’t actually trying to have an honest conversation or learn something new like someone else thought.  :facepalm:

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2

The economy is a complex issue with a lot of tentacles and long lag times. Credit and blame weaves through every administration and political party.

So it's hard to have an honest conversation about it. 

On the other hand, it's extremely easy to imagine Republicans transforming the same economic indicators into evidence of Donald Trump's outstanding leadership through an unprecedented global crisis if he were still in office. Cause that's just what they do. 

The GOP has routinely blown up the deficit while pretending to be small government, then blamed the mess on anyone but themselves. If this isn't about personalities, let's talk about policies and how they rarely work as advertised.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Oh please.  I thought you were better than this, but apparently not.  Your post about “Little Johnny” is pure stupid snark.  You always claim to be above that type of rhetoric.  Jokes on us I guess.  

This post of mine you linked to actually says kids should be taught more about those atrocities.  At the same time, they should NOT be taught to feel guilty about things that happened long ago because they are white and white people did bad things long ago.   Quite different than snarkishly saying “It makes Little Johnny feel bad”. 

Why be that way?  At least we now know you aren’t actually trying to have an honest conversation or learn something new like someone else thought.  :facepalm:

So....talk about how white immigrants treated native Americans and put them on reservations....but don't do it in a way that makes white people look bad. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It gets muddy. The people who don't think Johnny should feel guilty tend to have a large overlap with people who believe systemic racism no longer exists. At that point they kinda are guilty. I've even heard of people who support Black voter suppression by pretending it's not really suppression. 

• Plus1 2