Huskers vs. Michigan State

Mavric

Miles will get next year. Which may not be all bad for us - because Gross from Illinois will be fired after this year and Pitino at MN if their slide continues and they don't make the tournament.

We would probably be third in that pecking order if we had to go against them for a coach.

That is not a bad way to look at it.

Jobs that will PROBABLY be open at the end of the season:

Illinois, Minny, OSU, NC-State, Georgetown

I am sure there will be a few more but when you look at those the pecking order is PROBABLY

1. OSU

2. Illinois

3. Georgetown

4. NC-State

5. Minny

However you do the order they are all better gigs than NU.

More than likely NU would be in a bad spot when it came to a big hire.

I don't think OSU fires Matta at the end of the year. Outside of that I would agree with your list. Heck, Georgetown may not fire their coach, but it is pretty likely JT 3 is on the hot seat.

Yeah, no way in hell Matta gets canned

Not going to win games where we let them shoot 65% from three, seemed most were wide open looks too. Positive was Jordy looked pretty good, nearly had a double double.

True… But he was basically going against the guy that was about 6 inches shorter than him.

Little exaggeration there. Also was going against guys that have been playing ball far longer than he has. Just gonna have to admit you might have been wrong about him and accept he is improving by the game and getting far better then you might have thought

This is the worst MSU team in the last 19 years...with no true center on their team. I will admit that Jordy is getting better because I don't think he could have gotten worse. I think he had 5 points in the second half and 4 turnovers.

This was a great match up for him. He did a really good job with it and had his best game of the year...

Think you're missing my point. You've been slightly adamant that Jordy will not accomplish much not only this year but down the road. Yes MSU might not have had a guy to match his height, but the experience and physicality they had are things this kid had never really seen before this year. Easily wipes out his height advantage. Jordy is starting to adapt to the physical play and being aggressive going to the hoop instead of what we all saw at the beginning of the year. His hideous fouls are decreasing as well. Yes he still travels but you are being dense if you can't see the gains this kid has made and the elevator only is going up. Last night he had great position down low, better than we've seen in years from true posts, but obviously post entryasses aren't practiced since the pass wasn't thrown.

Finally the "worst MSU team in 19 years" will be dancing once again.

• Fire 1

A few things I noticed that will give Nebraska problems all year. We aren't terribly slow on D as I saw many times we frustrated MSU players to keep passing the ball but too many times they were able to find the open shooter with 2 or 3 secs left in the shot clock and 65% of the time they made the three. Man to man defense shows more weaknesses as a couple of starters can't move their feet. Our zone defense can only extend to the three point line otherwise they can't help out inside quick enough. Jacobson was already in foul trouble and Jordy has a tendency to get into trouble. We really miss Ed Morrow inside. We have shooters who have had good games but no one who consistently has good shooting nights. When McVey goes for 19 and Horne and Evan Taylor chips in we look pretty good. If not other teams over guard Webster and Watson. It sounds like Jacobson does well in practice, he hustles his tail off for rebounds and loose balls and he has a pretty shot.....but his game shooting hinders us a lot. The kids all looked tired last night so I hope they can find a spark.