Got to say, good job

Dagerow

Not sure it we crack the top 20 next year if it is a small class, 15-17 is my guess. I will be looking at quality or quantity. Riley seems to be very motivated though. We might have some attrition and bump that number up. We are off to a good start in terms of quality for 2018. I'm guessing the staff will be even more picky next year.

Clemson didn't rank in the top 10 this year as they only had 14 recruits. (Dabo doesn't over sign) Of course, 11 of these kids were 5 or 4 star kids. The #2 WR, QB and DB in the nation...... They were only behind Bama, OSU, Georgia and Stanford for average star/recruit......Quality over quantity won't necessarily show up in the recruit class rankings, but will show on the field. Riley seems to be doing well getting some quality pieces in for his vision of NU.

I think it's a decent to good class, IMO. My concerns are that we were a missed signing of Blades away from finishing outside of the top 25. And for 2 years of effort into California, the return seem a bit underwhelming. Here's hoping that next year produces better results.

There are 128 schools that are in the FBS.

1 - 10 = A+

11 - 20 = A

21 - 25 = A-

26 -34 = B+

35 - 44 = B

45 - 54 = B-

55 - 64 = C+

65 - 74 = C

75 - 84 = C-

85 - 94 = D+

95 - 104 = D

105 - 114 = D-

115 - 128 = F

It makes sense that since there are 128 FBS schools, that just under 25% would be A's as that's only a quarter of the overall total.

Thus, I think Nebraska's grade for this recruiting class in an A-.

Edit Note: I have thus been informed there are 128 FBS schools. Even so, it doesn't really change my grading system. Having a recruiting class ranked 115 - 120 or 128th is still an F.

Looks like a good class w some potential studs in there, espcially @ WR and, hopefully, Gebbia.

Am very concerned that we didn't get any high profile RBs, which means, IMO, we have no high profile RBs on the roster--and last time I looked this was supposed to be NEBRASKA, you, the team that runs the ball.

5-6 4* recruits is nothing to sneeze at, but that's outta 20 ttl, which isn't going to cut it if NE wants to return as a primetime player.

When we get 14/20 4* guys, AND, heaven forbi, the ever elusive 5*, THEN we can start spinning cartwheels...

agree, Ohio State kicked our ass, i think they got 5 5* kids.........we got none. And RB's we have no one out standing here either......we still need better recruiting, to compete.

I think I saw a stat on Twitter that 12-13 of our 20 commits were rated 4 star by at least one recruiting service. Lindsay is a 5 star guy, he dropped because he missed most of his Senior year. Nevertheless, ADS already provided the stat that shows you we're recruiting at a much higher level then the Pelini regime.

I guess I haven't seen any services that rate our class as you claim. 247, rivals, scout, espn, all--and this is every year--are pretty consistent with each other, give or take a bit. Riley is recruiting about the same as Bo, a handful of 4*s and a surplus of 3*s--that ratio has got to flip. Bama and tOSU consistently get as many or more 5* guys than we get 4*s, and more 4* than we get 3*s, and that's why they and FSU and soon to be USC again, own the thing. LSU's always in there of course and GA went crazy this year finishing @ #3. And MI has been in there too, and better w Harbaugh. It's "2 Americas", and we're in the 2nd one, along with a log jam of other teams.

I won't suggest that stars don't mean anything, but look at a prospect's offer list. That will tell you more about how good they are, and their potential going forward (hence the reason I suggested you look at ADS' stat from above). This class is better then any of Bo's, in my opinion.

The difference between this class and Bo's is that our 4* kids were on the cusp of being 5* kids. Our 3* kids were damn near 4*. While Bo had the occasional high 4* kid( Stanton, Green, Heard I think was also) none of those kids panned out. And only Stanton was anywhere nearly as highly regarded as any of the Calabassas group. Throw in Blades, and Lindsey and you have possibly the most potential of any Husker class ever. I feel like this class is under rated and will end up being special, not only with their play, but with the momentum that seems to be coming with them

Looks like a good class w some potential studs in there, espcially @ WR and, hopefully, Gebbia.

Am very concerned that we didn't get any high profile RBs, which means, IMO, we have no high profile RBs on the roster--and last time I looked this was supposed to be NEBRASKA, you, the team that runs the ball.

5-6 4* recruits is nothing to sneeze at, but that's outta 20 ttl, which isn't going to cut it if NE wants to return as a primetime player.

When we get 14/20 4* guys, AND, heaven forbi, the ever elusive 5*, THEN we can start spinning cartwheels...

agree, Ohio State kicked our ass, i think they got 5 5* kids.........we got none. And RB's we have no one out standing here either......we still need better recruiting, to compete.

I think I saw a stat on Twitter that 12-13 of our 20 commits were rated 4 star by at least one recruiting service. Lindsay is a 5 star guy, he dropped because he missed most of his Senior year. Nevertheless, ADS already provided the stat that shows you we're recruiting at a much higher level then the Pelini regime.

I guess I haven't seen any services that rate our class as you claim. 247, rivals, scout, espn, all--and this is every year--are pretty consistent with each other, give or take a bit. Riley is recruiting about the same as Bo, a handful of 4*s and a surplus of 3*s--that ratio has got to flip. Bama and tOSU consistently get as many or more 5* guys than we get 4*s, and more 4* than we get 3*s, and that's why they and FSU and soon to be USC again, own the thing. LSU's always in there of course and GA went crazy this year finishing @ #3. And MI has been in there too, and better w Harbaugh. It's "2 Americas", and we're in the 2nd one, along with a log jam of other teams.

I won't suggest that stars don't mean anything, but look at a prospect's offer list. That will tell you more about how good they are, and their potential going forward (hence the reason I suggested you look at ADS' stat from above). This class is better then any of Bo's, in my opinion.

The difference between this class and Bo's is that our 4* kids were on the cusp of being 5* kids. Our 3* kids were damn near 4*. While Bo had the occasional high 4* kid( Stanton, Green, Heard I think was also) none of those kids panned out. And only Stanton was anywhere nearly as highly regarded as any of the Calabassas group. Throw in Blades, and Lindsey and you have possibly the most potential of any Husker class ever. I feel like this class is under rated and will end up being special, not only with their play, but with the momentum that seems to be coming with them

I think this is a good way to sum up the class it will be nice to see what they can do in the future.

Until Urb hangs it up they are going to continue to kick our ass in recruiting, get used to it... They will have a top 3-5 class every year, to expect us to compete with them when it comes to recruiting is ridiculous...

I don't think it has as much to do with Meyer as it does Ohio State as a program. I'd be willing to bet over the last four decades Ohio State has kicked our ass in recruiting 90% of the time, and maybe even more. When Cooper was at Ohio State, he sent a ton of guys to the NFL but never won a NC. We don't need top 5 classes every year. We need top 15-20 classes where we get the right players to fit the system.

we need a top 10 class, every year and hope the coaches can develop these kids.........Meyer has a helluva staff as well, not sure we can match that either.........

If the bolded is what you expect, I suggest you find another team. It will not happen here no matter who the coach is. If we get a top 10 class once every five years, I would be extremely happy.