Huskers @ Iowa

Mavric

Think tim's stubbornness to not play zone really hurt their chances today. Easily could have helped protect the bigs in foul trouble and prevented fouls on the bigs. Also prevents McVeigh from being totally abused in isolations. Finally, since they automatically(even when it's unnecessary) hard double the post, it will make recovery and rotation to shooters simpler. A lot of the open threes the last few games come from guys losing their guy.

• Fire 1

This game goes on Webster. He needs to go back to school as he thinks there is an I in TEAM!

.....he had an off day. As the lone senior and soul of the program, he's the clear cut best player. You live and die with him unless others step up. Jack stepped up in the first half as well as Horne and Jordy and times, but the foul trouble was eventually too much to overcome. Jordy couldn't play as physical of defense as he'd like and it cost us points in the 2nd half. That was the difference, not Tai being selfish.

• Fire 1

This game goes on Webster. He needs to go back to school as he thinks there is an I in TEAM!

.....he had an off day. As the lone senior and soul of the program, he's the clear cut best player. You live and die with him unless others step up. Jack stepped up in the first half as well as Horne and Jordy and times, but the foul trouble was eventually too much to overcome. Jordy couldn't play as physical of defense as he'd like and it cost us points in the 2nd half. That was the difference, not Tai being selfish.

An off game? His lack of team play has costed us more than one game this year. He had sev, TOs and more than half his shots were forced. Also the last few games, he has gotten frustrated about the officiating and quits playing def.. If you remember, he was on the bench when we came back against Purdue. It's all about Tai, plain and simple.

An off game? His lack of team play has costed us more than one game this year. He had sev, TOs and more than half his shots were forced. Also the last few games, he has gotten frustrated about the officiating and quits playing def.. If you remember, he was on the bench when we came back against Purdue. It's all about Tai, plain and simple.

....no.

....no.

No What! Also remember he had 2 TO to cost us a game.

First of all, when you lack multiple offensive threats - or an actual offense to help other guys get open looks - you're kind of forced to have one guy force the issue. Being as this has been Nebraska's MO for the last 3-4 years, it shouldn't be that surprising.

Second, wouldn't it be handy if the coach didn't like the way a guy was playing he could do something about it. Interesting concept.

Third, he was hurt against Purdue - screwed up an ankle with 3-4 minutes to play. So good job trying to kick a guy when he's down. And, again, if we're so much better without him, why doesn't Miles do something about it?

....no.

While I will agree Tai has some Petteway-esque head scratching plays and shots, the guy is doing so much on a nightly basis to keep this team not only in most of these games, but pulling out W's in games that look like they could have gone the other way (remember he was the catalyst in that 14-0 run to win @ Maryland?)

2nd half in general was ugly and very tough to keep consistency with Watson only available for a few mins and major foul trouble. No way is this on 1 single player and we are a much better team with Tai on the floor.

....no.

I'm not going to entertain your claim that Tai is the problem.

He isn't. The problems with the team aren't as cut and dry as one player being selfish.

In a way, it's selfish of you to make that claim. To put it all on one player.

• Fire 1

It' hard to put it all on Webster........BUT, the last few games has has morphed into Shavon last year............"thinking" he has to do it all.

I wish he would dazzle us a bit more with his ASSISTING talents though.

But I I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he is most likely gassed from all his minutes.

(doesn't really excuse the mental errors however)