Huskers vs. Wisconsin

Mavric

Nebraska has had a ton of success double teaming tonight. McVeigh was even there to help.

Sure you can pinpoint a couple plays on defense as being costly, but anyone that wants to blame D for this loss is crazy.

TO

Missed FT

Missed lay-up range shots.

It is all situational though. You have zero need to help off of Nigel Hayes with 18 seconds left in the game up by 2 when you're 23 feet from the basket. It just doesn't make any sense. I'm all for the doubling in the post- it obviously kept Nebraska in the game tonight. But it was totally and completely unnecessary at that point in the game and it wound up costing Nebraska the game.

All of this is irrelevant if Morrow makes his FT's. But its Nebraska and this is what we do- we don't shut the door on teams when we have the opportunity. Its why we've lost 3 games by 1 point this season, blew the Clemson game when we had the lead late in the second half, and even some of the wins (Purdue, Dayton) have been more about surviving our massive amount of mistakes rather than us truly closing the door on them. Its frustrating and I don't know that its all on the players- wtf exactly was Miles trying to accomplish out of that last time out with 17 seconds left? Team looked completely confused. This is a game that Nebraska should have won and what's frustrating as a fan is that this is the fifth time I've said that about a Nebraska basketball game this season.

Even with the 22 turnovers the most frustrating statistic for me tonight is Nebraska from the free throw line:

15-24 for 62.5%

You can't shoot that low of a percentage from the line at home. You just can't. I don't care if Morrow has missed the past 7 games, 1-5 from the free throw line including 0-2 at a time when Nebraska needed at least 1 is just ridiculous.