Nebraska Pro Day - March 14th

Can Tommy Armstrong be a productive NFL wide receiver? Maybe with that speed, 4.6 ain't bad (rounding up with hand time)

No. You would have to compare him to guys who have been playing WR for 4-12 years. He isn't as agile as the few who have converted. Who knows about his catching and route running. Simple as I wouldn't take him over Reilly, Moore, or Westerkamp and that's 3 kids just at Nebraska who weren't invited to the combine

Pryor is 6'4 and runs a 4.4

Edelman is shorter quick guy who also ran a 4.4

Braxton Miller and Denard Robinson ran a 4.4

Matt Jones was 6'6 and a 4.3 - 4.4

Edelman ran a 4.52 at his pro day. And all of Armstrong's other numbers match up pretty nicely with Edelman.

Bench:

Edelman - 14

Armstrong - 16

Vertical:

Edelman - 36.5

Armstrong - 37.5

Broad Jump:

Edelman - 10'03"

Armstrong - 10'03"

a 4.52 is pretty dang close to a 4.55. From a measurable standpoint that is a very solid comp

Edelman's agility is on a different planet than Armstrong's. Again, he won't play in the NFL

T Mart ran a 4.4, 39 inch vertical and a 10'9'' broad jump --- doesn't always matter

3 Cone:

Edelman: 6.62

Armstrong: 6.76

That time would have put Armstrong 10th at the combine, I think his agility is fine. Brandin Cooks had a 6.76 3 cone drill at the combine in 2014.

• Fire 2

Can Tommy Armstrong be a productive NFL wide receiver? Maybe with that speed, 4.6 ain't bad (rounding up with hand time)

No. You would have to compare him to guys who have been playing WR for 4-12 years. He isn't as agile as the few who have converted. Who knows about his catching and route running. Simple as I wouldn't take him over Reilly, Moore, or Westerkamp and that's 3 kids just at Nebraska who weren't invited to the combine

Edelman ran a 4.52 at his pro day. And all of Armstrong's other numbers match up pretty nicely with Edelman.

Bench:

Edelman - 14

Armstrong - 16

Vertical:

Edelman - 36.5

Armstrong - 37.5

Broad Jump:

Edelman - 10'03"

Armstrong - 10'03"

a 4.52 is pretty dang close to a 4.55. From a measurable standpoint that is a very solid comp

Edelman's agility is on a different planet than Armstrong's. Again, he won't play in the NFL

T Mart ran a 4.4, 39 inch vertical and a 10'9'' broad jump --- doesn't always matter

3 Cone:

That time would have put Armstrong 10th at the combine, I think his agility is fine. Brandin Cooks had a 6.76 3 cone drill at the combine in 2014.

Tommy isn't playing in the NFL.

• Fire 1

Bench:

Edelman - 14

Armstrong - 16

Vertical:

Edelman - 36.5

Armstrong - 37.5

Broad Jump:

Edelman - 10'03"

Armstrong - 10'03"

3 Cone:

Tommy isn't playing in the NFL.
don't think anyone here is saying he will. But his measurables do stack up pretty nicely. I think we all still understand him making a roster come week one is a long shot to say the least.