DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

I've had to debunk the Uranium One nonsense more times than I wish I had to. Needless to say, that's hogwash TGH. Friendly disagreement.

I don't care who Mueller takes down. Find the people who actually did wrong & hold them accountable. That's all I want. There's certainly been no whiffs of accountability in this administration. Trump merely finds people like Manafort, Flynn & Price to throw under the bus to protect himself.

Edited by dudeguyy
  • Plus1 1

On 10/24/2017 at 2:34 PM, dudeguyy said:

I've had to debunk the Uranium One nonsense more times than I wish I had to. Needless to say, that's hogwash TGH. Friendly disagreement.

I don't care who Mueller takes down. Find the people who actually did wrong & hold them accountable. That's all I want. There's certainly been no whiffs of accountability in this administration. Trump merely finds people like Manafort, Flynn & Price to throw under the bus to protect himself.

Dude, let's see how it plays out.  Nothing would surprise me about the clintons. 

I guess what goes around comes around.  Clintons now under fire.  This should be interesting to watch. 

:snacks:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/clinton-campaign-dnc-paid-for-research-that-led-to-russia-dossier/2017/10/24/226fabf0-b8e4-11e7-a908-a3470754bbb9_story.html?utm_term=.a48781dfb532

http://nypost.com/2017/10/24/the-trump-dossier-was-clintons-dirtiest-political-trick/

And so the worm turns. Make that worms.

Just as key congressional panels open new probes into the still-smoking debris of last year’s election, the revelation that Hillary Clinton’s campaign and the Democratic National Committee paid as much as $9 million for the discredited Russian dossier on Donald Trump flips the collusion script on its head.

Now it’s Democrats’ turn in the barrel.

The explosive report in the Washington Post goes a long way to explaining how the dossier was so widely spread among political reporters during the election. The Clinton camp must have passed it out like Halloween candy to its media handmaidens.

News organizations tried for months to confirm the salacious details, but couldn’t. The document became public when BuzzFeed, a loud Clinton booster, published it 10 days before the inauguration, while acknowledging it couldn’t verify the contents.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/clinton-campaign-dnc-helped-pay-for-work-on-dossier-about-russia-and-trump/

The Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee (DNC) helped fund research that resulted in a now-famous dossier containing allegations about Donald Trump’s connections to Russia and possible coordination between his campaign and the Kremlin, people familiar with the matter said.

Marc Elias, a lawyer representing the Clinton campaign and the DNC, retained Fusion GPS, a Washington, D.C., firm, to conduct the research. Fusion GPS hired dossier author Christopher Steele, a former British intelligence officer with ties to the FBI and the U.S. intelligence community.

Elias and his law firm, Seattle-based Perkins Coie, retained the firm in April 2016 on behalf of the Clinton campaign and the DNC. Before that agreement, Fusion GPS’ research into Trump was funded by a still unknown Republican client during the GOP primary.

The Clinton campaign and the DNC, through the law firm, continued to fund Fusion GPS’ research through the end of October 2016, days before Election Day.

On 10/24/2017 at 2:23 PM, RedDenver said:

If Mueller brought down both Trump and Clinton, would he be a hero or reviled by both sides?

Probably both.  Depends on who you ask.  I think there are plenty of Democrats with reservations about the Clintons's ties to special interests (myself included), and I guarantee there are plenty of Republicans that would be fine with Donnie going away.

If It takes down Trump, I'm OK with dirt from the Clintons coming out into the sunshine.  Corruption is corruption.  Lance the boil and drain the swamp, baby!

Edited by Kiyoat Husker
  • Plus1 1

"... Flips the collusion script on its head. Now it's Democrats turn in the barrel."

Are people really trying to equate this opposition research, initially contracted by Republican presidential hopefuls, with allied intelligence officers to collusion with a foreign enemy that orchestrated a verified attack on our election?

• Plus1 4
3 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Dude, let's see how it plays out.  Nothing would surprise me about the clintons. 

This one in particular just bugs me. Looks like it's officially gone from conspiracy theorist lips to the GOP Congress's ears at this point, though, so let's waste some more money investigating Clintons.

Here's why I still think this is bogus, although it appears the newest report suggests the FBI had uncovered bribery and corrupt behavior within the Russian government, which is nothing new for them:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/oct/24/what-you-need-know-about-hillary-clinton-and-urani/

Trump’s allegation went too far in two ways.

One, Trump seemed to say that Clinton bears all of the responsibility for the deal’s approval. That is incorrect.

Clinton told a New Hampshire TV station in June 2015 that "I was not personally involved because that wasn’t something the secretary of state did." And Jose Fernandez, who served as assistant secretary of state for economic, energy and business affairs under Clinton and represented the department on the panel, told the Times that Clinton "never intervened with me on any CFIUS matter."

But even if you don’t take either Clinton or Fernandez at their word, the reality is that the State Department was just one of nine government agencies that signed off on the transaction.

This is where the narrative that the Clintons somehow orchestrated this deal to set off some kind of personal kickback butts up against reality. Clinton had final say of ONE of those agencies on this deal. Eight other ones had to approve the deal as well. For the theory to be true, the Clintons would have to be the most well-connected, all-powerful gangsters in the history of the U.S. government. I realize that's not really that much of a stretch for some, but it seems utterly implausible to me that they had that many strings to pull.

As usual, it seems to me Trump is tooting a horn he barely understands. Sadly, that's a high enough bar for for FAR too many people to believe him. 

2 hours ago, QMany said:

"... Flips the collusion script on its head. Now it's Democrats turn in the barrel."

Are people really trying to equate this opposition research, initially contracted by Republican presidential hopefuls, with allied intelligence officers to collusion with a foreign enemy that orchestrated a verified attack on our election?

What bothers me is we can see this coming from Republicans from miles and miles out.

They did the same thing with Benghazi. It was a tragic situation that Americans died. But they got up on their soapbox over and over again endlessly until they'd had no less than seven investigations. Then they found an email server they could rinse and repeat on. They blew millions and millions of dollars and came up with nothing. Oh wow, Hillary Clinton could have better judgment. She made mistakes. The same things applies to any of these dopes doing the investigating, but they're mostly irrelevant and no one cares to look into them.

All that time they wasted, they conceivably could've been investigating something real, or you know, doing their day job of... trying to improve the country? Maybe they could've pitched in some time to formulate a legitimate alternative to the ACA that they hate so much?

Instead, these gutless, spineless morons have proven time & again that no bridge is too far. They'll climb back up on that soapbox and politicize ABSOLUTELY anything. Fallen soldiers are hardly an exception. As long as it is politically expedient, they'll do it. As long as they can get voters whipped up into a frenzy and angry about something, hopefully no one will realize how absolutely horrible they are at actually doing their job.

And yep, they're going to do it on this, too. Be angry America! Look at those corrupt Democrats over there! Don't you hate how corrupt & self-serving they are? What a bunch of hypocrites! Vote for me so we can through the bums out & I can go to Washington to actually represent YOU for a change instead of the establishment & the elites!

... And the wheel goes around.

So...let me get this straight, we have an ongoing investigation into trump and Russia. It will continue...as it should. We also have a senate investigation going on and it will continue....as it should. 

It also was discovered that the Democrats and Clintons paid a foreign agent to write a scathing report about their advisory and release it......with really no way to varify it....and it still has never been verified. 

So....the entire issue with trump and Russia should continue to be investigated....but simply reporting and releasing the information on Hillary and the DNC funded this unverifiable report is some sort of pathetic political witch hunt????  Why, because it reveals how the disgusting side of the Clinton’s?

my opinion on the report is....verify it or...it’s just another disgusting act by a dirty politician to try to win an election.  One more reason I’m glad the clintons are done. 

This also points out why a pathetic human being like Trump was able to win. Because the democrats put up the worst candidate they possibly could.  Someone that most Americans are sick and tired of and don’t trust. 

And that has nothing to do with her being a woman like she and the Dems want us to believe. 

The opposition research was initially funded by Republicans. It's not even close to being a reasonable equivalence to draw. However, it's been an obviously effective attempt to murky the waters ... to exactly the extent that people will say, "Hey there's the Russia thing but what about the Steele dossier?"

How quick we are to jump on each invented scandal as further evidence of Hillary Clinton's "disgusting"-ness.