Post-Practice Presser - April 1 - Scrimmage

I was at the practice/scrimmage Saturday. The tempo of the practice was amazing. Diaco's energy is crazy and it reflects on the defense. They run around. They talk. Defensive recruits are going to love it.

QB- POB looks the part and looked pretty good. One awful interception in the scrimmage hasn't left my mind. Lee looks like he's been doing this awhile. Pretty smooth and found open guys all day. Missed on the deep ball in the scrimmage once but I can't remember who the WR was.. Gebbia.. First QB out to practice warming up. RS year for sure because he looks like he's about 160 lbs. Threw one INT during skeleton drill but I thought he looked good in the scrimmage for his 9th practice ever.

RB- Bryant was with first group and then didn't scrimmage after the first series. Ozigbo is huge with great hands. Didn't get loose in the scrimmage but he makes each defender feel it when he gets hit. Wilbon looked good too. Great hands and makes people miss.

WR- I was with this group the most on Saturday. Stanley Morgan is going to have a great year. You can tell they are missing that 6'4 receiver. DPE, Spielman, and Williams all can run. Reimers looked good but WRs didn't do much in the scrimmage. Keyshawn and Mcquitty were fun to watch. KJJ will RS for sure. His body needs to change. Neither took part in the scrimmage.

OL- Struggled in the scrimmage. Not sure it was the 3-4 defense or maybe our DL are that good. Good thing is are we're healthy. Kneval is HUGE but I could see Farniok push him. Wilson just looks mean out on the field as does Gates. Raridon looked a little undersized but his technique and footwork are really good.

DL- Parella does a great job with these guys. Stoltenberg looks like he could play in the NFL right now. Dominated one on one drills and controlled the middle often. Didn't notice Neal or Freedom that much but that doesn't mean they weren't doing their job. Davis twins are going to be monsters it's just a matter of time..

LB- watching Diaco and Bray's energy during drills is crazy. These guys demand perfection and if it doesn't happen they here about it. Diaco absolutely ripped Ferguson but then he showed up in the scrimmage. Roberts will not redshirt! Looked great. Gifford has a broken hand or something close to. Him and Weber play smart and always in position. Barry had a great day. Intercepted POB and then let the offense know about it.

DB- Strenghth of the team in my opinion. With Kalu and Aaron Williams at safety our offense didn't even try to throw one deep. Jones looked great at CB and his one on one battles with Stanley Morgan were entertaining. Jackson is getting to be special. Had a couple of holding penalties but not very many completions going his way. Coach Williams is talking to him constantly. K. Williams also looked good with Domann at the safety position. Bootle is so fast. Lee Jr looked more comfortable and I thought Avery Anderson looked great in the scrimmage. My biggest worry was Jones Jr, Kalu, and Aaron Williams all were a little hobbled but still did participate in the scrimmage. The LB's and DB's have this swagger that I haven't seen in a long time..

• Fire 8

I was at the practice/scrimmage Saturday. The tempo of the practice was amazing. Diaco's energy is crazy and it reflects on the defense. They run around. They talk. Defensive recruits are going to love it.

QB- POB looks the part and looked pretty good. One awful interception in the scrimmage hasn't left my mind. Lee looks like he's been doing this awhile. Pretty smooth and found open guys all day. Missed on the deep ball in the scrimmage once but I can't remember who the WR was.. Gebbia.. First QB out to practice warming up. RS year for sure because he looks like he's about 160 lbs. Threw one INT during skeleton drill but I thought he looked good in the scrimmage for his 9th practice ever.

RB- Bryant was with first group and then didn't scrimmage after the first series. Ozigbo is huge with great hands. Didn't get loose in the scrimmage but he makes each defender feel it when he gets hit. Wilbon looked good too. Great hands and makes people miss.

WR- I was with this group the most on Saturday. Stanley Morgan is going to have a great year. You can tell they are missing that 6'4 receiver. DPE, Spielman, and Williams all can run. Reimers looked good but WRs didn't do much in the scrimmage. Keyshawn and Mcquitty were fun to watch. KJJ will RS for sure. His body needs to change. Neither took part in the scrimmage.

OL- Struggled in the scrimmage. Not sure it was the 3-4 defense or maybe our DL are that good. Good thing is are we're healthy. Kneval is HUGE but I could see Farniok push him. Wilson just looks mean out on the field as does Gates. Raridon looked a little undersized but his technique and footwork are really good.

DL- Parella does a great job with these guys. Stoltenberg looks like he could play in the NFL right now. Dominated one on one drills and controlled the middle often. Didn't notice Neal or Freedom that much but that doesn't mean they weren't doing their job. Davis twins are going to be monsters it's just a matter of time..

LB- watching Diaco and Bray's energy during drills is crazy. These guys demand perfection and if it doesn't happen they here about it. Diaco absolutely ripped Ferguson but then he showed up in the scrimmage. Roberts will not redshirt! Looked great. Gifford has a broken hand or something close to. Him and Weber play smart and always in position. Barry had a great day. Intercepted POB and then let the offense know about it.

DB- Strenghth of the team in my opinion. With Kalu and Aaron Williams at safety our offense didn't even try to throw one deep. Jones looked great at CB and his one on one battles with Stanley Morgan were entertaining. Jackson is getting to be special. Had a couple of holding penalties but not very many completions going his way. Coach Williams is talking to him constantly. K. Williams also looked good with Domann at the safety position. Bootle is so fast. Lee Jr looked more comfortable and I thought Avery Anderson looked great in the scrimmage. My biggest worry was Jones Jr, Kalu, and Aaron Williams all were a little hobbled but still did participate in the scrimmage. The LB's and DB's have this swagger that I haven't seen in a long time..

Thanks for the report!!

All of this is looking very good for us imo. Not so worried about the offense although we have to be better than last year, but love to hear that the defense has an edge to it early. I know I keep saying it but I really do feel like this team has all of the parts needed for a breakout season. It will be a unique season in Husker history regardless of the outcome I suppose

Thanks for the report!!

All of this is looking very good for us imo. Not so worried about the offense although we have to be better than last year, but love to hear that the defense has an edge to it early. I know I keep saying it but I really do feel like this team has all of the parts needed for a breakout season. It will be a unique season in Husker history regardless of the outcome I suppose

I have the same feelings.

• Fire 1

the defensive backs might be the position group im most interested in seeing. A lot of people have talked up their talents since the end of Riley's first year but the numbers and play on the field has been ugly at times. I want to blame this on Banker's strategy of lining them 10 yards of the los. But this is definitely put up or shut up times for guys like kalu or jones.