That just more solidifies for me that Trump himself is innocent of colluding with the Russians but he is so stupid and emotionally fragile he'll end up going down for trying to stop the investigation into it.

Also, what kind of dumb bastard complains to foreign emissaries about our FBI director (foreign or current)?

YOU WERE SAYING....

I've seen no evidence that Trump is innocent of colluding with the Russians. I don't think he should get a pass if he hired a bunch of moronic, seedy turncoats like Flynn who WERE much more involved than he was. The buck stops with the guy at the top, right? If he hired people that crooked and/or stupid, he shouldn't be leading us.

I feel like this quote could come back to haunt Trump.

Remember how they cited Giuliani running his mouth on Fox News to uphold the ban on the BanTM? That legal decision had everything to do with the intent of the EO.

I don't know how similar this situation is... I don't pretend to be a great legal mind. Perhaps someone else could fill us in (paging 84HuskerLaw!).

What Trump said is dangerously close to admitting the exact intent of firing COmey was to quash the Russia investigation. That would be obstruction of justice.