f#*k that guy. Seriously...

I almost wonder if he's rediscovered his spine since he's announced he's retiring.

Then I remember he's off to a job on Fox News and remember he's an unapologetic partisan hack.

Still, good for him. This is the right move, for once.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/5/16/15649914/trump-comey-flynn-russia-investigation-holt

Post reports, Times confirms that President Trump asked his FBI director to shut down the federal investigation on his NSA, Flynn.

Five days ago President Trump was asked whether he asked Comey to drop the investigation. Not only did he flat out deny it, he asserted the opposite: that he wanted the investigation sped up.

I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go,” Mr. Trump told Mr. Comey, according to the memo. “He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.”

Mr. Trump told Mr. Comey that Mr. Flynn had done nothing wrong, according to the memo.

Comey did not defer to these suggestions on Flynn and he was at the forefront of the Russia investigations so clearly vexing the Trump administration in recent days. He has now been fired.

White House continues to flatly deny that POTUS asked Comey to end any investigation. It seems that anything short of that would be career-ending for this president.

Does "this is bad, but not yet Nixon" still apply?

This M'fer is going to get impeached.

Does that matter when it takes a two-thirds majority from the Senate to remove him? An absolutely spineless senate that wouldn't dare vote against the mighty R next to Trumps name. Maybe it's best to save the impeachment process until 2019 (shudders).

Does that matter when it takes a two-thirds majority from the Senate to remove him? An absolutely spineless senate that wouldn't dare vote against the mighty R next to Trumps name. Maybe it's best to save the impeachment process until 2019 (shudders).
If it actually got to that point, I can see them convicting him. But it needs to get to that point and I think the House GOP members are much crazier than the Senate GOP members. 25 GOP House members would need to vote against Trump.

Remember when we had a president who tried to do the right thing? Obama replaced a Republican FBI director with a Republican FBI director. He could have been an a-hole if he wanted to and picked all Democrats or yesmen instead of trying to pick good people.

President Obama will ask Congress to allow Robert Mueller to stay on as FBI director for two more years, the White House announced Thursday.

The requested extension comes as the White House has been searching for a successor to Mueller, whose 10-year term expires Sept. 4. The rare extension would give the administration more time and avoid any possibility of a confirmation battle.

President Obama praised Muellers tenure, saying he has set the gold standard for leading the bureau. Obama also said the extension was needed for continuity to his national security team.

Given the ongoing threats facing the United States, as well as the leadership transitions at other agencies like the Defense Department and Central Intelligence Agency, I believe continuity and stability at the FBI is critical at this time, Obama said in a statement released by the White House. I am grateful for his leadership, and ask Democrats and Republicans in Congress to join together in extending that leadership for the sake of our nations safety and security.

• Fire 4

We are already seeing Republicans from the hill refusing to defend the guy. If that is happening, there are deeper negative feelings towards him in private rooms. I can see a point where they collectively view him as a liability and impeach him. They still will have a Republican in the WH. Get rid of the distraction and move forward.