80s movies that people would find offensive in 2017

Goonies...I know there are people that are offended by Goonies.

1. Asian kid "Data" has offensive name and is into gadgets and so is his dad. WOW. NOT FUNNY PEOPLE

2. Sloth is locked up in the basement. WRONG. NOT FUNNY

3. Wealthy land developer is trying to buy land from people that can't afford it so that he can build on it? GASP! EVIL

4. Don't get me started on the political commentary of prisons. The breaking out scene at the start clearly is pushing an agenda of overcrowded prisons because of our biased judicial system.

I'm assuming this one is a joke. The protagonists could see that locking Sloth up was wrong. The protagonists beat the "bad guy" rich guy. If anything these two things would be played up more now.

Semi-related:

In the 90s, a few months after Beavis and Butthead first aired, enough parents called the local cable provider and complained to get MTV pulled off the air. I missed pretty much anything that was on MTV from 1992-2002.

Also, we had Parental Advisory stickers introduced in 1985.

• Fire 1

I think if you go backwards 35 to 40 years from any point in time you will likely find significant changes in what is considered socially acceptable.

I wish they could recreate the magic of some of those old SNL sketches. I don't think it's because they couldn't get away with it today, just that they aren't that good anymore.

Sunny in Philadelphia, The Mick, Anchorman, Tarantino flicks...There's still stuff being done that will offend some people. But some people will go out of their way to be offended. Bad News Bears and Blazing Saddles are a couple that probably wouldn't be attempted nowadays because of the racist overtones but most of the others...the problem is they just aren't as creative in that way anymore. They're too busy making Hulk 5 or Spiderman 14.

• Fire 1

Semi-related:

In the 90s, a few months after Beavis and Butthead first aired, enough parents called the local cable provider and complained to get MTV pulled off the air. I missed pretty much anything that was on MTV from 1992-2002.

You can thank Tipper Gore for the Parental Advisory stickers. If you want to watch a smart person discuss that issue, find Dee Snider (or Twisted Sister) testifying in front of Congress regarding the Parental Advisory label. It's awesome.

Semi-related:

You can thank Tipper Gore for the Parental Advisory stickers. If you want to watch a smart person discuss that issue, find Dee Snider (or Twisted Sister) testifying in front of Congress regarding the Parental Advisory label. It's awesome.

It was AWESOME when he smacked down that loser Al Gore.

Goonies...I know there are people that are offended by Goonies.

1. Asian kid "Data" has offensive name and is into gadgets and so is his dad. WOW. NOT FUNNY PEOPLE

2. Sloth is locked up in the basement. WRONG. NOT FUNNY

3. Wealthy land developer is trying to buy land from people that can't afford it so that he can build on it? GASP! EVIL

4. Don't get me started on the political commentary of prisons. The breaking out scene at the start clearly is pushing an agenda of overcrowded prisons because of our biased judicial system.

I'm assuming this one is a joke. The protagonists could see that locking Sloth up was wrong. The protagonists beat the "bad guy" rich guy. If anything these two things would be played up more now.

Yeah, it was a joke.

Semi-related:

It was AWESOME when he smacked down that loser Al Gore.

This is so great.

• Fire 1