BTN: 2017 Husker Schedule Anaylsis

I'm not saying we have a bad year, but I can't think of a worse year when you look at the returning starters statistically. Aside from potential it's not pretty

Top 2 RBs barely got over the 4 ypc mark, none got to 500 yds

No returning WR that had over 500 yards or 2 TDs

K Williams not even starting

Kalu moved to Safety

Leading returner for sacks is 3

Gates playing out of position and we have zero OT depth

Freshman WRs if Morgan or DPE go down

First year starting QB

First year D coordinator who changed the scheme to a 3-4

AKA we need a lot of kids to step up this season...

I don't want to impose on your depression Ern, but returning starters is a way overblown gage of how well a team will do. The more important stat is playing experience.

It just looks like you are trying to find things to be negative about.

Kalu moving to safety gets another playmaker on the field they are trying to get the best 4 DB's on the field. The secondary is going to be a strength.

Not true that only freshman after Morgan and DPE. Not a lot of catches, but guys with experience.

A first year starting QB with 24 starts under his belt at another school.

Give me the names of 2 schools that have starting depth at most any line position. That is the way things work the starters play and if someone gets hurt someone else plays. That is the way it works at Nebraska, Wisconsin or OSU.

My experience as a HC football coach, when players are given the opportunity to play, they step up and play to the best of their ability.

So you look at the schedule and you see4-5 gimmes, the rest will be a real struggle, and then you see Ohio St. With Urban Meyer.

And you know that is a loss. I mean you are not taking your kids supper money and betting on that one straight up. And you know it.

So the question is: How do we get there from here? How do you get to the point where tOSU looks at US and says man, that will be a tough one.

So you look at the schedule and you see4-5 gimmes, the rest will be a real struggle, and then you see Ohio St. With Urban Meyer.

And you know that is a loss. I mean you are not taking your kids supper money and betting on that one straight up. And you know it.

So the question is: How do we get there from here? How do you get to the point where tOSU looks at US and says man, that will be a tough one.

You hire Urban Meyer.

I'm not saying we have a bad year, but I can't think of a worse year when you look at the returning starters statistically. Aside from potential it's not pretty

Top 2 RBs barely got over the 4 ypc mark, none got to 500 yds

No returning WR that had over 500 yards or 2 TDs

K Williams not even starting

Kalu moved to Safety

Leading returner for sacks is 3

Gates playing out of position and we have zero OT depth

Freshman WRs if Morgan or DPE go down

First year starting QB

First year D coordinator who changed the scheme to a 3-4

AKA we need a lot of kids to step up this season...

I don't want to impose on your depression Ern, but returning starters is a way overblown gage of how well a team will do. The more important stat is playing experience.

It just looks like you are trying to find things to be negative about.

Kalu moving to safety gets another playmaker on the field they are trying to get the best 4 DB's on the field. The secondary is going to be a strength.

Not true that only freshman after Morgan and DPE. Not a lot of catches, but guys with experience.

A first year starting QB with 24 starts under his belt at another school.

Give me the names of 2 schools that have starting depth at most any line position. That is the way things work the starters play and if someone gets hurt someone else plays. That is the way it works at Nebraska, Wisconsin or OSU.

My experience as a HC football coach, when players are given the opportunity to play, they step up and play to the best of their ability.

Again, I said I don't think we have a bad year. Just stating the facts of returning starters. In fact breaking in a new QB has worked out well the past 5 years for a lot of great teams (even though he started at Tulane). Switching to a 3-4 will be a slight challenge due to our personnel but no one hated Banker more than I did so we will be better even year 1 imo.

I would be more nervous if we lost a bunch of kids to the NFL but we lost 1 - who was the last pick in the 5th round.

You hire Urban Meyer.
Holy... You're right... Get Eichorst on the phone!