I'm trying to avoid (right or wrong) countries that have had terrorist attacks in the last 12 months... Idk, just sketched out.

Not to be snide, but isn't that eliminating a significant portion of Europe? Belgium, France, Germany and the UK have had major incidents within the last year. Several other countries have had less significant (yet nonetheless terroristic) incidents occur, as well. 'Time' is an arbitrary safety measurement in regards to terrorism.

I'm trying to avoid (right or wrong) countries that have had terrorist attacks in the last 12 months... Idk, just sketched out.

I think going where there have been attacks recently is actually WAY safer than going where there hasn't. Lots more security and awareness.

Be ready to discuss American politics with anyone that you meet btw. If you arent comfy with that work out your canned answer.

I think going where there have been attacks recently is actually WAY safer than going where there hasn't. Lots more security and awareness.

Be ready to discuss American politics with anyone that you meet btw. If you arent comfy with that work out your canned answer.

I'll have my Trump support ready ;)

And no, not knocking out significant portions of Europe. Like I said, I plan to hit 10 countries at least that haven't had any issues. Maybe it's superficial, but if it makes me feel safer traveling, I'm going to stick to it.

And no, not knocking out significant portions of Europe. Like I said, I plan to hit 10 countries at least that haven't had any issues. Maybe it's superficial, but if it makes me feel safer traveling, I'm going to stick to it.

Will be anxious to hear how those Trump Support convos go. Good luck! :thumbs

It's more misguided than superficial. If anything, you're probably safer traveling to a country that has had a recent major terror attack because security is heightened. But, it's your decision, so I digress.

As for Trump, based on people I know who have been in Europe in the last six months, it's common to come across people that either 1) don't really care about it or 2) aren't a fan. It's probably best to avoid the situation and come up with a generic "I'm just here on vacation" type response.

• 2 weeks later...