More Departures?

I really don't know the total number of guys on the roster (at one time we had somewhere around 160 but it's presumably much lower as we never have more than a 3 deep list that ever appears anywhere). If we have 3 at each of 22 positions, plus a handful of kickers, etc. , that adds up to about our scholarship number. Add in another 23 redshirts which may not be included, then we're up around 110 rounded off. If we have as many as 6 leave for any of many reasons (injuries, personal, grades, unhappy, burnt out on football, etc) that amounts to maybe 5% or so. One can find 5% of almost any group or collection of people with some common life situation that would quit or be dismissed or get into legal trouble, etc.

Attrition should be expected and certainly seems a very normal If we have half a dozen projected starters quit the team in September, then I'll start to be concerned. It seems quite reasonable that players who are never going to see the field as perpetual 4th or 5th stringers as juniors and seniors, then it makes sense. Quitters are usually not helpful to the team chemistry anyway.

I really don't know the total number of guys on the roster (at one time we had somewhere around 160 but it's presumably much lower as we never have more than a 3 deep list that ever appears anywhere). If we have 3 at each of 22 positions, plus a handful of kickers, etc. , that adds up to about our scholarship number. Add in another 23 redshirts which may not be included, then we're up around 110 rounded off. If we have as many as 6 leave for any of many reasons (injuries, personal, grades, unhappy, burnt out on football, etc) that amounts to maybe 5% or so. One can find 5% of almost any group or collection of people with some common life situation that would quit or be dismissed or get into legal trouble, etc.

Attrition should be expected and certainly seems a very normal If we have half a dozen projected starters quit the team in September, then I'll start to be concerned. It seems quite reasonable that players who are never going to see the field as perpetual 4th or 5th stringers as juniors and seniors, then it makes sense. Quitters are usually not helpful to the team chemistry anyway.

Your 1,719 posts don't amount to much around here, but you have to be leading in "words" posted.

• Fire 3