CBSSports: Picking Big Ten Win Total Over/Unders

Having an immobile QB concerns me. Mobile QBs torched McBride's and Bo's defenses. In 1997 the Nebraska D Dominated every team except Missouri. Corby Jones moved the chains by scrambling over and over. Bo was a good DC as long as the QB was no threat to run. It has been a long time since Nebraska has not had a QB that could take off and get a first down. I hope the OL can protect, and the run game is enough of a threat to slow down the D. I loved the old Nebraska games when the opponent was forced to pass. The opposing QB never had a chance.

wisconsin didn't use a mobile qb to rack up 900+ rushing yards in 2 games.
  • Fire 2

I want this line to come out on my site at 7. I love the overs at 7.

Ark St

NIU

Minny

NW

Purdue

Illinois

Those are all gimmies.

I thought we weren't using the G-word anymore?

Also, you forgot Rutgers.

Ha! I did forget Rutgers, thanks!

I see those games as gimmies and I probably always will. Sadly, it seems like our coaching staff thinks that Dick Butkus and Red Grange still play for the Illini.

Gimmie is too strong of a word, but those are games that over a 10 year period Nebraska should win 8 of them.

I agree with this. As a group, they are probably around an 80% probability of Nebraska winning. 90% for some, 70% for some (Northwestern, Minnesota). So with 7 on the schedule, losing to one of them shouldn't be a huge surprise, statistically speaking.

Iowa has been a 50% (Husker win probability) team, but we should be playing them more as a 70% IMO. Wisconsin has been a 30% but we should be playing them as a 50% or 60%. I think those games could go either way this year. Let's say we split them.

And we have a puncher's chance with the trio of tOSU, Oregon and PSU, too. Steal one of those and we have 8 or 9 wins. That's about my expectation.

OSU will be good and will need a punchers luck to win that game.

I am just not sold on PSU as being back and some huge can't win game. They got on a roll last year after the Ohio St win and had a great season, but it was only 1 season. I want to see them do it again. I know they have lots of talent back, but basically everything went there way down the stretch. Every 50/50 pass went their way. Every bounce went their way.

I don't see Oregon as some puncher chance game. I see it as a 50/50 at this point. I think the national media is way to awe struck with the hire of Taggart. They aren't nearly as talented as some believe them to be and it is not just a matter of changing the culture with the Ducks and are back to winning 11 a year.

• Fire 1

I am just not sold on PSU as being back and some huge can't win game. They got on a roll last year after the Ohio St win and had a great season, but it was only 1 season. I want to see them do it again. I know they have lots of talent back, but basically everything went there way down the stretch. Every 50/50 pass went their way. Every bounce went their way.

I don't see Oregon as some puncher chance game. I see it as a 50/50 at this point. I think the national media is way to awe struck with the hire of Taggart. They aren't nearly as talented as some believe them to be and it is not just a matter of changing the culture with the Ducks and are back to winning 11 a year.

Fair points. It is a little odd how much love the Nittany Lions have gotten. I wouldn't be too surprised to see Michigan State dominate them this year. How quickly one season changes perception on both teams.

I also think Oregon's cultural problems (accountability, laziness) aren't going to magically go away in one season. They will need some time and turnover to fix. Individual athletes could hurt us there, though. That will be a fun game to watch! I might just fly out to see that one. (a couple of my friends are looking into it)

Fair points. It is a little odd how much love the Nittany Lions have gotten. I wouldn't be too surprised to see Michigan State dominate them this year. How quickly one season changes perception on both teams.

I also think Oregon's cultural problems (accountability, laziness) aren't going to magically go away in one season. They will need some time and turnover to fix. Individual athletes could hurt us there, though. That will be a fun game to watch! I might just fly out to see that one. (a couple of my friends are looking into it)

I already have a house booked on the coast for the weekend and about 20 family members will be there. I hope we can find enough cheap tickets.

I already have a house booked on the coast for the weekend and about 20 family members will be there. I hope we can find enough cheap tickets.

My buddy is a Gophers fan, and he wants to fly into Portland, rent a car and go to both games (Eugene and Corvallis). Will be crazy.

There are only 5 key games, PSU, WISCY, IOWA, OR, and OSU. I think we will win 3 if not 4 of them. The only team I think we don't win is OSU.

We beat OR last year, with their high flying offense still intact. Now they have a whole new system, not going to happen.

The Hawkeyes will do their usual deal and tank on the year everyone is expecting something out of them. Yes, they killed us last year, but that was more to do with our team giving up then them being lights out better then us.

Wiscy, will be good, but we have been playing them tough the last couple of years and my gut is telling me we win this one this year.

PSU, really?? Lightening in a bottle last year. We will see, but I think we can beat them.

We have a lot of new faces starting, but it is the same system with a MUCH better QB at the helm. My only concern is that it is OR is the 2nd game of the year. I think we win the West and play OSU again for the B1G title this year, and win it next year.

There are only 5 key games, PSU, WISCY, IOWA, OR, and OSU. I think we will win 3 if not 4 of them. The only team I think we don't win is OSU.

We beat OR last year, with their high flying offense still intact. Now they have a whole new system, not going to happen.

The Hawkeyes will do their usual deal and tank on the year everyone is expecting something out of them. Yes, they killed us last year, but that was more to do with our team giving up then them being lights out better then us.

Wiscy, will be good, but we have been playing them tough the last couple of years and my gut is telling me we win this one this year.

PSU, really?? Lightening in a bottle last year. We will see, but I think we can beat them.

We have a lot of new faces starting, but it is the same system with a MUCH better QB at the helm. My only concern is that it is OR is the 2nd game of the year. I think we win the West and play OSU again for the B1G title this year, and win it next year.

Your thinking is a lot like mine, I am not so confidnet that I will say we are going to win 3 of the 5 games though.

I like are chances against all those teams but OSU. Wisky will be good, but I am not sure they are going to be any better or different than they have been in the last couple of years.