Trump to hold closed-door meeting with Putin

If the administration is serious about getting them to cooperate in Syria, this would not be a meeting to bring up the election meddling.

Even if Trump was fully committed to admitting Russia did what all US intelligence says they did, confronting him in this meeting isn't going to stop Putin from doing it again.

Now, if Putin is Trump to commit to something big, THEN is the time to bring it up.

If the administration is serious about getting them to cooperate in Syria, this would not be a meeting to bring up the election meddling.

Even if Trump was fully committed to admitting Russia did what all US intelligence says they did, confronting him in this meeting isn't going to stop Putin from doing it again.

Now, if Putin is Trump to commit to something big, THEN is the time to bring it up.

I don't understand this. Syria is small potatoes compared to a foreign national power meddling with our elections.

• Fire 1

I don't understand this. Syria is small potatoes compared to a foreign national power meddling with our elections.

Not arguing that one bit. If I were President, I would not have that attitude.

However, I'm just stating that if the goal of the administration is to get Russia on board in Syria, they probably aren't going to bring this up now.

And...again....even if you chew his ass in a private meeting about it.....it's not going to stop him.

Trump not talking about the election has nothing to do with Syria. It's that he benefited from it, he's complicit with it, or he's just that infatuated with or intimidated by Putin that he'd never mention it.

Trump isn't a statesman, he's a braggart. It would take a statesman like Reagan or Obama to have the balls to say something to Putin to his face.

Nothing is going to stop Putin from trying to meddle in our elections again, so there's no reason not to denounce him to his face - again, except for reasons like those above.

• Fire 3

Trump won't bring it up - it is a non-issue to him. He was the beneficiary of any action- collaborated or not. If the unethical, illegal action had benefited his opponent - then he'd bring it up - but not now. No need to make waves - EVEN THOUGH IT WAS AN ACTION THAT STRIKES TO THE CORE OF OUR DEMOCRACY - FREE AND FAIR ELECTIONS