Texas RB gets into trouble

Does anyone in Texas know what the laws of possession and possession with intent is.  I am sure it is well below 5lbs.  But every thing is big in texass.

As a matter of fact I do. What he was charged with is a second degree felony. The law that you are wanting to know about is Possession with the intent to distribute. Without any scales, packaging material, or some type of delivery list I think it will be hard to pursue the intent charge. Eventhough we all know his intention was to sell it around Austin. Although 5lbs is a hell of a lot for personal use. The DA may just go for it! I hope that helps you out. :thumbs

Does anyone in Texas know what the laws of possession and possession with intent is.  I am sure it is well below 5lbs.  But every thing is big in texass.

As a matter of fact I do. What he was charged with is a second degree felony. The law that you are wanting to know about is Possession with the intent to distribute. Without any scales, packaging material, or some type of delivery list I think it will be hard to pursue the intent charge. Eventhough we all know his intention was to sell it around Austin. Although 5lbs is a hell of a lot for personal use. The DA may just go for it! I hope that helps you out. :thumbs

He's a UT running back...of COURSE it is for personal use! Probably will only last him a week, too ;)

Interesting - most states have laws that presume intent to distribute when the amount is in excess of "personal use". Could that be the case here?

Interesting - most states have laws that presume intent to distribute when the amount is in excess of "personal use". Could that be the case here?

Yea, around here in CO if you've got more than 2oz you get intent to distribute. I'd never heard anything about having to have scales or any other paraphanalia.