BTN Programming to be Available on Hulu, Fox Sports Go and YouTube TV

BTN2Go is already on the Roku.

Yes. But you need to have cable to access, correct? If not, please let me know how. I would really, really, appreciate it. (Same for WatchESPN)

There's no way to get BTN standalone, because it's tied to Fox. Your best bet is one of the streaming services like Sling or Vue.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna cut next month. What HD OTA antenna are you guys using for local stuff?

Here's a good webpage on doing that: http://lifehacker.com/how-to-choose-the-best-over-the-air-antenna-for-free-hd-1569752514

Basics:

1. You need to know where the TV broadcast towers are. (Lots of websites can tell you.)
  2. Determine whether to use an omni or directional antenna (websites above can usually make a recommendation) and where to mount the antenna.
  3. Determine whether to use an amplifier.
  4. Determine whether you're going to connect directly to the TV or an alternative tuner (like the HDHomerun, which I'm a big fan of).

I've been meaning to start this thread on "Cord Cutting Husker Fans". We dropped cable in January of this year and the ONLY thing I miss, is live sports and the upcoming Husker football season has me considering my options. I'm not very techy, and would appreciate advice from those who are good at this game. Thanks in advance!!!

We have an antenna in the attic to begin with and receive great reception for the over the air games on ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX. In fact I prefer the over the air picture to anything I can see on cable regardless of how it is broadcast (satellite, streaming, or cable) it's simply a better picture hands down. Now for the rest we have high speed internet without cable service. This saves us about $30 per month. I still am able to stream just about anything I want to see including BTN2Go, FOXsportsGO, and WatchESPN via a ROKU box. I'm quite happy with the arrangement.

I've been meaning to start this thread on "Cord Cutting Husker Fans". We dropped cable in January of this year and the ONLY thing I miss, is live sports and the upcoming Husker football season has me considering my options. I'm not very techy, and would appreciate advice from those who are good at this game. Thanks in advance!!!

We have an antenna in the attic to begin with and receive great reception for the over the air games on ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX. In fact I prefer the over the air picture to anything I can see on cable regardless of how it is broadcast (satellite, streaming, or cable) it's simply a better picture hands down. Now for the rest we have high speed internet without cable service. This saves us about $30 per month. I still am able to stream just about anything I want to see including BTN2Go, FOXsportsGO, and WatchESPN via a ROKU box. I'm quite happy with the arrangement.

You must be using someone else's login for the streaming sports, I assume?

Yea, but you still need a cable sub, unless you went the VPN route, it's not like Kodi, but cant talk about that here.

For antennas try these guys here they were very communicative with quick answers, call or email https://www.antennasdirect.com

Also try their antenna mapping tool shows you what stations you can get, not sure if they show the substations however as these days one channel can have 2-8 sub stations. 4.1, 4.2 4.3 etc....

Ended up with this outdoor one but placed it in the attic, it allows to reach far away signals in multiple directions, being North of Detroit it gave me 51 channels, some pointed towards Detroit/Canada and some in an opposite direction. https://www.antennasdirect.com/store/DB8e-Ultra-Long-Range-Outdoor-DTV-Antenna.html

Might be a bit overkill for some, but the signal is always solid. I would also suggest a signal booster if you plan to split the signal to multiple tv's

Also if you want to dvr there are multiple options. ChannelMaster is around 200 bucks, they charge 300 plus if you want a hard drive with it, dont get that one, buy your own, an external 1 terrabyte is only about 50 bucks. Nice thing about channel master is that it doesn't charge any monthly fees for the tv guide data. Tivo did this as well, but they are still more expensive.

Yea, but you still need a cable sub, unless you went the VPN route, it's not like Kodi, but cant talk about that here.

For antennas try these guys here they were very communicative with quick answers, call or email https://www.antennasdirect.com

Ended up with this outdoor one but placed it in the attic, it allows to reach far away signals in multiple directions, being North of Detroit it gave me 51 channels, some pointed towards Detroit/Canada and some in an opposite direction. https://www.antennasdirect.com/store/DB8e-Ultra-Long-Range-Outdoor-DTV-Antenna.html

Might be a bit overkill for some, but the signal is always solid. I would also suggest a signal booster if you plan to split the signal to multiple tv's

Also if you want to dvr there are multiple options. ChannelMaster is around 200 bucks, they charge 300 plus if you want a hard drive with it, dont get that one, buy your own, an external 1 terrabyte is only about 50 bucks. Nice thing about channel master is that it doesn't charge any monthly fees for the tv guide data. Tivo did this as well, but they are still more expensive.

Yes, you need to have a package subscription to use BTN2Go. BTN does not have a stand-alone subscription like HBO Now.

If you want a free DVR for OTA, check out Plex.

Yes. But you need to have cable to access, correct? If not, please let me know how. I would really, really, appreciate it. (Same for WatchESPN)

There's no way to get BTN standalone, because it's tied to Fox. Your best bet is one of the streaming services like Sling or Vue.

That's what I thought. I have a Dish Network account I currently use to sign in on computer, so not an issue yet.

SlingTV does not offer BTN. For the less-than-$100-options: Playstation VUE $35/month or HULU Live (just started) $40/month.

I don't know anything about Fox Sports Go or YouTube TV. I think they are like ESPN3 or BTN2Go, aren't they? You still need some kind of subscription to the channel to use it? If they are stand-alone subscriptions, I'd be interested in knowing more.

You must be using someone else's login for the streaming sports, I assume?

No, we have internet through our local cable provider and that's it.