Shatel's TBL

zoogs

I mean that's not at all surprising considering the story of Bo and Carl accosting a reporter in the basement of the Cornhusker the morning of the 2010 Texas game.

Who was the reporter? I remember this story kind of being a thing but I never really heard exactly what happened. I'll give Carl a pass though cuz he was probably coked up. Bo on the other hand. No excuse.

1j1en6.gif

The story is fiction and in the fictional story it wasn't a reporter but it was a booster. The story gets more amazing every time it gets told. There is another good one of Bo being "kicked out" of his sons middle school basketball game when he went crazy on the refs, of course, there is no video of it even though clearly that would be big news. Also there is the one of Bo and Carl finding out the true names of posters and stalking them.
I though it was soccer, or was it baseball?

I mean that's not at all surprising considering the story of Bo and Carl accosting a reporter in the basement of the Cornhusker the morning of the 2010 Texas game.

Who was the reporter? I remember this story kind of being a thing but I never really heard exactly what happened. I'll give Carl a pass though cuz he was probably coked up. Bo on the other hand. No excuse.

1j1en6.gif

The story is fiction and in the fictional story it wasn't a reporter but it was a booster. The story gets more amazing every time it gets told. There is another good one of Bo being "kicked out" of his sons middle school basketball game when he went crazy on the refs, of course, there is no video of it even though clearly that would be big news. Also there is the one of Bo and Carl finding out the true names of posters and stalking them.

I have heard it with basketball and I think I heard baseball/softball. I also heard how he "cut off" a poster (4.6.3) on the Rivals Board. He cut off the poster and flipped him off.

1j1en6.gif

You got the story wrong on all three fronts.

• Fire 1

1j1en6.gif

You got the story wrong on all three fronts.

Of course I did...there are about 500 versions of it. Depending on what site you read and/or what site your friends read.

• Fire 1

I don't think it's about Riley -- I think they're just really sore about how they were treated by Bo. While he was here and HC of the program, they held back. Now that he's gone, it'll be a long, slow dribble. Given what they experienced with Bo, I don't think they're likely to simply let go. They'll often reminisce about how it was with so and so coach, and whether that's good or bad or neutral is going to be up to the coach. But I understand how we'd be tired of hearing about it, as a fanbase. Fortunately, it's not their main thing, either.

Sports journalists care about how they're treated and will often make a point of it. When Herman implemented those strange rules at Texas recently, they all chimed in and threw some shade his way.

Yep! They are human, they probably were sick of Bo and now they can take a few digs at him, most of us would do it. I would.

• Fire 2

Maybe I'm one of the few people on HuskerBoard to have clear memories of the 1990s, but Shatel has been doing this schtick (and Lee B, too) for decades, guys.

I wrote Shatel off as a blowhard when he was talking smack about Osborne and McBride after 1993. Barfknecht doled his AP vote out to Michigan in 1997 and 1992 or 1991 like a whore. Because it was right? Nope. Because it was controversial. Edgy. Cool.

The World Herald has long, long been a source for edgy bullsh#t articles like this. This is nothing new, nothing terribly revealing, and will be the same kind of schlock you read from them in 2037 if they're still around.

We knew this stuff about Bo in 2008, 2009.

When's the last time you learned anything new from Barf or Shatel? They're resting on their laurels, these guys. They're riding the coat tails of Sam & Dirk & Jon.

Meh.

• Fire 8

Maybe I'm one of the few people on HuskerBoard to have clear memories of the 1990s, but Shatel has been doing this schtick (and Lee B, too) for decades, guys.

I wrote Shatel off as a blowhard when he was talking smack about Osborne and McBride after 1993. Barfknecht doled his AP vote out to Michigan in 1997 and 1992 or 1991 like a whore. Because it was right? Nope. Because it was controversial. Edgy. Cool.

The World Herald has long, long been a source for edgy bullsh#t articles like this. This is nothing new, nothing terribly revealing, and will be the same kind of schlock you read from them in 2037 if they're still around.

We knew this stuff about Bo in 2008, 2009.

When's the last time you learned anything new from Barf or Shatel? They're resting on their laurels, these guys. They're riding the coat tails of Sam & Dirk & Jon.

Meh.

I always thought that about Lee...I think he LOVES trolling Husker fans and he does it in a decent enough way to keep his gig. Matt Perault (radio guy) tried the same thing but was so over the top that it didn't fly.

Shatel always seemed different, not really sure how to explain it but he just seems different.

1j1en6.gif

it was a ballet recital

I don't think it's about Riley -- I think they're just really sore about how they were treated by Bo. While he was here and HC of the program, they held back. Now that he's gone, it'll be a long, slow dribble. Given what they experienced with Bo, I don't think they're likely to simply let go. They'll often reminisce about how it was with so and so coach, and whether that's good or bad or neutral is going to be up to the coach. But I understand how we'd be tired of hearing about it, as a fanbase. Fortunately, it's not their main thing, either.

Sports journalists care about how they're treated and will often make a point of it. When Herman implemented those strange rules at Texas recently, they all chimed in and threw some shade his way.

sometimes sports journalist also carry themselves in a somewhat pretentious manner.

Also, they can pull the be nice to me or I'm gonna write about it card from time time.

Similar to Lena Dunham's social media presence.

Just my take though.

• Fire 1