Notre Dame Hype

:bang I would just like to vent about all the hype that Brady Quinn and ND have gotten. I am so sick of ESPN and how they jump on and off the band wagons. Last year they made Charlie Weiss look like the second coming of Jesus. Now, this year all we are going to hear is Brady Quinn this and Brady Quinn that. I'll tell ya he is lucky that he isn't going to have to be starring up at a red #90 while flat on his back! :restore2

To be honest i really was impressed with how Notre Dame looked in the bowl game. I like the way they ran there offense and i was impressed watching the highlights on ESPN, I have never been a Notre Dame fan at ALL but i will be pulling for them this year, they are on my watch list! I hope you guys dont get to butt-hurt over this post...HA HA GO BIG RED

To be honest i really was impressed with how Notre Dame looked in the bowl game. I like the way they ran there offense and i was impressed watching the highlights on ESPN, I have never been a Notre Dame fan at ALL but i will be pulling for them this year, they are on my watch list! I hope you guys dont get to butt-hurt over this post...HA HA GO BIG RED

Are you serious? I thought ND looked pretty bad in the bowl game against Ohio St. Outclassed and outmatched. As far as all the hype, well, Leinart is gone so they have to have someone to hype, so why not Quinn I guess?

Hey if I had Charlie Weis running my offense, I would expect all the hype. The guy is an offensive genius. He will make Brady Quinn a top 5 pick no doubt. Just remember how much credibility Weis has with his three rings, I don't think there is much room to bash on the guy. Just ask the guy pictured to the left!

A few years ago the Notre Dame QB, (I think his name was Ron Paulus), anyway I got sooo sick of ESPN debating whether he would win 2 or 3 Heismans while playing in college, and how ND would win at least 2 national championship while he was at ND, and how he was projected to be better than Marino in the pro's while this kid was a H.S. senior. Funny how Corso and company seem to have very selective memories. :rollin

:bang  I would just like to vent about all the hype that Brady Quinn and ND have gotten. I am so sick of ESPN and how they jump on and off the band wagons. Last year they made Charlie Weiss look like the second coming of Jesus. Now,  this year all we are going to hear is Brady Quinn this and Brady Quinn that. I'll tell ya he is lucky that he isn't going to have to be starring up at a red #90 while flat on his back! :restore2

I hear ya FR. It gets real old real quick when everyone starts man-piling on teams like SC & ND, ala the "they tuk ur jobs - back to the pile" southpark episode. Unfortunately it's just way too easy of a story for the lazy general media to push to the generally lazy public, who beg to be "suppositorily" fed these types of hollywood stories.

But if we think the unhealthy ESPN-hearts-ND fest is naseauating now, just wait until Jimmy Clausen-Powlus wins his 5th hypesman after his 2nd yr on campus.

:bang I would just like to vent about all the hype that Brady Quinn and ND have gotten. I am so sick of ESPN and how they jump on and off the band wagons. Last year they made Charlie Weiss look like the second coming of Jesus. Now, this year all we are going to hear is Brady Quinn this and Brady Quinn that. I'll tell ya he is lucky that he isn't going to have to be starring up at a red #90 while flat on his back! :restore2

ND's got a lot of talent back but their line is suffering. They're quite limited on the OLINE. Quinn will be one of the best in the nation, and Weiss is a pure genius. He won two games alone last year for Notre Dame.

Couple friends of mine went to the Notre Dame coaches clinic and were amazed at Weis. First off because of the offensive chalk talk and then for his cockiness. He flat out told the audience it's very difficult to stop the ND offense. Everything the defense tried to throw up against him and ND he beat and he made sure you knew it.

Everything the defense tried to throw up against him and ND he beat and he made sure you knew it.

i think Ohio State had a different opinion on that matter... Their defense did a pretty good job. 34-20 Ohio State over Notre Dame. Notre Dame played some good offense last year no doubt though.

I agree that there is a lot of hype about ND this year but they should have beat USC last year and Matt Leinart and company just got lucky. But on the other side of the coin a lot of schools should have beat someone look at us and Texas Tech!!! God that pissed me off!!! :steam