2017-2018 Season Notes

Looks like I was wrong on one game so far.. I have our next game as a WIN... I still think so, but I am leaning to either way more than before.

Tue, 
Jan 02
Northwestern * - at Rosemont, Ill. 8:00 p.m.   BTN/BTN2Go  Radio  Live Stats.                           L (very close)
Sat, 
Jan 06
Purdue * - at West Lafayette, Ind. 1:15 p.m.   BTN/BTN2Go  Radio  Live Stats                            L
Tue, 
Jan 09
Wisconsin * - Pinnacle Bank Arena 7:30 p.m.   BTN/BTN2Go  Radio  Live Stats  Tickets           W
Fri, 
Jan 12
Penn State * - at State College, Pa. 6:00 p.m.   BTN/BTN2Go  Radio  Live Stats                           L (toss up, IMO)
3 hours ago, teachercd said:

This Illini game pretty much determines the season for both teams.

Was just coming in here to post something like this. The direction of the season probably hinges on this game. Very winnable and at home. Lose this one and it's easy to see the rest of the season going down hill.

2 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

Was just coming in here to post something like this. The direction of the season probably hinges on this game. Very winnable and at home. Lose this one and it's easy to see the rest of the season going down hill.

Yep!  The Illini keep letting wins slip away.  If they lose this one it could be a historically bad season for the Illini.

NU can't let lose this game and expect anything good the rest of the year.

28 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Indiana is 4-2 not 4-7- typo on Callahan's part.

Need to beat Michigan, Indiana, Maryland. Those would probably be our best wins. At the least go 2-1 in those three. We have been playing like an NIT team, time to start beating teams soundly that we are clearly better than. I will admit we are finding ways to win, but we really need to clean some things up and we could beat anyone on our home floor that is on our schedule. This ugly basketball does not and will not work forever, especially in March.

To make the tourney we will need 21 wins I think. 20 regular and one in the conference tourney would just about do it- due to the lackluster B1G.

Edited by HuskermanMike