Where is Ozigbo

Garry G

Just now, Dewiz said:

Wilson looked like crap today. Very hesitant on hitting a hole and getting his ass in gear. Ozigbo's first carry, busted through the hole, no hesitation and gains 8 yards

Oz plays angry.  Hulk smash style.  Nothing pretty.  He has the size that second level guys don't want to hit.  Why not run I formation with Oz and McNitt.  OL wasn't blocking anyway....TE's weren't even catching the flu.....

1 minute ago, lo country said:

Oz plays angry.  Hulk smash style.  Nothing pretty.  He has the size that second level guys don't want to hit.  Why not run I formation with Oz and McNitt.  OL wasn't blocking anyway....TE's weren't even catching the flu.....

I completely agree. 

We've seen what Ozigbo has done during the 15' & 16' seasons and why he's not getting any carries is beyond frustrating.

• Plus1 1

I simply feel that NONE of our RBs have the raw speed to turn the corner on most teams so therefore we have to look at running inside more.  Ozigbo is just much more powerful and runs with a lower pad level and drive and literally pushes the pile.  Tre does "OK" in this area but he is NOT Ozigbo.  I was hopeful all three backs, whom we were told many times in preseason camp, were roughly equal on the chart.  Tre played well while he was in and that is fine.  But, we had several critical drives where we could easily have been in four down mindset and could have put the ball in the hands of our power back and tried to get those first downs instead of throwing in those places.  

The difference between having confidence in the run game and not is often whether you get 4 and half or five and getting three.  Ozigbo often gets those last 5 feet.  He is not going to break a 80 yard sprint to the endzone but neither will Wilbon and or Bryant seemingly anyway.  Since we don't throw to our RBs it doesn't really matter whether we have a scat back type who can dance around before getting tackled.

And we don't use our fullback either to run or block enough either.  If you are going to run at their 7 men in the box, let's put our biggest and strongest in there and see what happens.   

I have to believe there is something we don't know behavior related.  If it is because of his performance as a RB that he isn't playing that is totally unacceptable.

This dude averages over 4 YPC for his career and he doesn't even play.    He's was listed as CO #1, so I  believe he's just being mismanaged.  Him not playing is a total joke in my opinion.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/3699935/devine-ozigbo

24 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Ozigbo is simply not that good.

I'm glad he at least got in the game today so that all the injury/suspension talk can die.

But neither is Wilbon. He doesn't look like he's got the same burst this year. 

Amd i can't remember the play (it may be the 2nd pick six when Lee got hammered as he threw), but Wilbon completely whiffed picking up a blitzing linebacker. 

18 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Ozigbo is simply not that good.

I'm glad he at least got in the game today so that all the injury/suspension talk can die.

This. Plus what is a slow, lumbering guy like Ozigbo going to be able to do behind this line in its current state? Wilbon/Bryant are not great but you need some lateral quickness if you're going to consistently make unblocked defenders miss just to get a couple yards.