Scott Frost

Whistlepig

2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I don't think the situation with SF is as concrete as you present it. We have no hard evidence (that I'm aware of) suggesting this would be his dream job or that he is even interested in taking the position here.

The position would also come with an extreme amount of unique pressure. He could end up having the opportunity to go to almost any university if his stock keeps trending upward but, if he chose Nebraska, he would have lofty expectations placed on his shoulders from the beginning. Failure would tarnish a relatively positive legacy. No other university would have that same kind of anxiety attached to it. Maybe he doesn't care or maybe he does. Either way, I don't think that's an easy decision for him to make.

Regardless of it all, I don't think there's any chance Frost comes to Nebraska so long as SE is running the show. MR is his guy and I think a large portion of SE's job security is tied into MR's success. If both of them left, I think you'd also have to bank on the incoming AD being open and cognizant of Frost as a candidate. That might be easier said than done.

I agree completely with the bolded sentence above. If SE isn't removed, in my opinion, Riley will remain at the helm. So in other words, if they keep SE around long term, we are looking at Riley as the HC at least through the 2020 season (unless he retires, he would be close to 70 by then). 

14 minutes ago, California Husker said:

I have to admit, out here in So Cal I don't know a lot about what's going on there in Nebraska other than at the university. I saw someone post it earlier, just wondering what the general attitude is about Trev Alberts as a replacement for Sean Eichorst? He's a Nebraska guy through and through. If he's a good athletic director, then he should be courted to come to Lincoln. As someone above said, that might be the clincher to bring Frost in. I know they never played together, but they have both propped the program and have similar youth (or at least youthful exuberance). 

UNO has a better basketball team.

9 minutes ago, California Husker said:

I agree completely with the bolded sentence above. If SE isn't removed, in my opinion, Riley will remain at the helm. So in other words, if they keep SE around long term, we are looking at Riley as the HC at least through the 2020 season (unless he retires, he would be close to 70 by then). 

Yes I think SE is going to support Riley to a fault, particularly when we consider he refused to comment on BP's job status or the Husker program in 2013/2014 as part of a personal 'policy;' yet, he appears to have no trouble doing the opposite for Riley.

I wonder what the consensus is in regards to SE from the university, boosters and fans. I view him as a very unlikable figure.

I also don't think SE will be given the chance to correct anything should Riley and the program continue to struggle. The whole situation with him and Pelini was uncomfortable, and it was followed up by an incredibly strange hire as head coach. For lack of a better phrase: I believe he made his bed and has to lay in it.

Dang I'm a little late but oh well. Too many posts in here to reply to, but SF is a solid hire, but again he is not well versed experience wise as the head man. My reason for Les is not for him to be the coach for eternity, but have him right the ship since it is down. This would allow SF to come in and get it done after the program heads in the right direction. With the talent on the roster, we are not gonna turn it around fast and people will complain about Scott. We currently can't run his system outside of Gebbia and possibly Obrien-had lots of good runs in hs but nothing showing in CFB.   

All in all, lets get back to winning, if that means get Fuentes, Miles, Bielema, Frost or Bohl. I do not really care I want a team that comes ready to play and play hard. Win or lose this program is trending downward and it needs to stop imo. Any of those five I mentioned I would not mind. With Frost, I would want an elite OC coming with him and an elite DC, his current guy at UCF could be co-DC or get an associate head coach that could help him since he is still adapting to head ball coach.