Riley is still our coach

Nebfanatic

44 minutes ago, mnhusker said:

Assuming that Nebraska manages to put together a competitive season, that means winning some big games that seem out of reach today, I hope Riley gets to stay.  He is recruiting well and he is willing to fire crap coordinators, unlike past coaches.  Of course the challenge now is that he is suppose to be an offensive guy and his offense sucks (and the verdict is out on the defense till they get into the Big 10 schedule).   I think too much is made of coaching security,  our past fired coaches were given plenty of time to show championship potential and based on the jobs they fell into it is obvious that other big programs agree.  If we look for another HC the best news for husker fans is that the front office seems to be willing to back up the money truck (Diaco) and that is what is needed in the future.  Win games, keep the seats full (without shrinking the stadium) and the husker gear selling, that is what you pay the coach to do.  

But MR hired those crap coordinators, and he worked with them previously:o. Why should we let a guy that can't hire competent assistants keep trying? Solich fired coordinators, but those were holdovers from TO, that could not be fired until there was a disaster.

33 minutes ago, Mavric said:
44 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Everyone has had a problem recruiting and developing a competent QB?  I didn't know that.  Then we should be fine with where our QB is at in development....because, we are no different than anyone else.

I mean, can we actually have a discussion without you taking something to a hyperbolic extreme?

You are the one that stressed EVERYONE in your post.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

The same one EVERYONE has a hard time getting and molding.  :dunno

How am I supposed to take that any other way?

And...I"M the one taking things to the extremes?