Why am I a Husker fan?

Also born and raised in Nebraska. The first Husker memory I have was on a family trip to Storm Lake Iowa we were listening to the radio when we played against ISU in '92 and my grandpa was so ticked at how we were playing we had to stop and get out of the car for a bit to calm down. Then I remember watching the '94 NC game against Miami with him and how happy we all were to finally win the big one. Then (grandpa worked for a travel company driving bus) we got tickets for the '95 NC game against Florida which was AMAZING for a 10 year old kid to experience. So its really to me all about that childhood relationship that I had with my grandpa.

• Plus1 1

Its all of this and everything else.  Sure, we all have memories of fonder times.  I think in some ways the football gods are testing our metal.  I think that we had so many years of just dominating every school not named either OU or Colo.  Mostly OU, but CU gave us enough trouble for a ffew years.  I miss the days when you beat us, that meant your team was more than likely playing for a title.  I think that its just not us, but the whole image and product has changed on and off the field.  Its way more commercialized.  The money that is getting thrown towards football now is undesirable in my opinion.  Its become a money game.  If your going to compete, you better have all your bells and whistles ready.  I think this is why were struggling.  Were not ready to "sell" our program.  These days, if you are going to compete against Bama, and who else, you better have the money ready.