Weight: 217

40 time: 4.78

Visit Date: June 3, 2006

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Oregon St., Troy

Favorites: Nebraska and Oregon St.

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report:

Assessing the talent: Lyle has played one year at Torrance, in California, El Camino College. Moevao completed 128 out of his 199 passes, throwing for 21 touchdowns, only seven interceptions, 1,874 passing yards. He can run and pass well.

Lyle Moevao Video

More video : Lyle Moevao

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 40% Odds seem good and if he makes the trip to Nebraska the first week in June the odds go up quite a bit. The Huskers want him to leave his JUCO this summer and start at Nebraska immediately.

well, maybe we have now fallen into the JUCO QB league? obviously Taylor was a great find, but don't think we can make a living recruiting qb's out of the JUCO's every year?

hell, maybe we can..... although no one else has ever done it, but who knows??

hunter

This guy isn't the typical JUCO as he has four years to play three. What he would give us is some quality depth and with his year of JUCO could push Beck (who I still expect to be our starter in 2007). If the coaches think that he is good enough to offer a scholly to, I trust their judgement. Plus, his video looked pretty impressive, throws a very accurate short ball and can scramble and throw on the run pretty well.

This guy isn't the typical JUCO as he has four years to play three.  What he would give us is some quality depth and with his year of JUCO could push Beck (who I still expect to be our starter in 2007).  If the coaches think that he is good enough to offer a scholly to, I trust their judgement.  Plus, his video looked pretty impressive, throws a very accurate short ball and can scramble and throw on the run pretty well.

you are right.....hard to argue that.....the kid looks like he makes good decisions with the ball...don't know how competitive that league is he was in, but have to agree with you, he does appear to have some solid ability...and you know (some will make me eat this, i know), i will give cally this, he will look outside the box for his players, especially qb's........he just may end up being one of the more successful college coaches to pull kids out of the JUCO ranks (qbs?) and make them affective in short order in major college ranks....time will tell, but we may be seeing a trend here, that actually may work.....maybe.......just maybe that experience with Taylor has him looking for more in the JUCO ranks.....nothing wrong with shopping around......

hunter

It looks like his team El Camino played in a very competitive league and finished 11-1 with their only loss in the playoffs to Grossmont 52-43. Grossmont went on to be voted the JUCO national champion. In that final game Moevao put up his biggest numbers of the season 24 for 43 and 409 yards with two touchdown passes.

I believe Jordan Adams came out of Grossmont and put up some big numbers in a few starts when the regular QB was injured. The difference is Moevao was the starter the whole season. They also had him listed as a defensive end but I couldn't find any tackle totals. On the roster he was listed as 5-11, 205.

It looks like his team El Camino played in a very competitive league and finished 11-1 with their only loss in the playoffs to Grossmont 52-43. Grossmont went on to be voted the JUCO national champion. In that final game Moevao put up his biggest numbers of the season 24 for 43 and 409 yards with two touchdown passes.

I believe Jordan Adams came out of Grossmont and put up some big numbers in a few starts when the regular QB was injured. The difference is Moevao was the starter the whole season. They also had him listed as a defensive end but I couldn't find any tackle totals. On the roster he was listed as 5-11, 205.

wow, that sounds good....he sure looks like a big stout kid......what scares me is as soon as we start showing him some love, here will come the other teams making offers....i hope not, but sure wouldn't be surprised.......cally brings a lot of attention to players that are lightly recruited, as soon as we make an offer...

this kid should be for real...looks like we could definitely use him....what i really like about him is how he takes care of the ball and waits to make plays..good intangible asset......

hunter

Also this could be a move by Callahan to put some pressure on Lee to commit.

i hope you are right Eric, but i have a feeling Lee is defintely in the driver's seat and he knows it......one thing about it, if he selects NU, you KNOW he wants to be here......especially with all the other high profile offers..........

hunter

just watched a 20 minute video of El Camino. they throw a lot of short passes to bigger possession receivers and let them make yards after the catch. At least that was what was shown on the video. A lot of penalty flags thrown so many of the highlights could have been negated. Moevao looked good and could hit his receivers. the highlights were mostly short passes that broke into huge plays.

just watched a 20 minute video of El Camino.  they throw a lot of short passes to bigger possession receivers and let them make yards after the catch.  At least that was what was shown on the video.  A lot of penalty flags thrown so many of the highlights could have been negated.  Moevao looked good and could hit his receivers.  the highlights were mostly short passes that broke into huge plays.

yep, vintage west coast stuff........that's why cally likes him...looks like he can chuck the medium deep pass pretty well too.....smart kid, let's his receivers make plays........good stuff

hunter

Also this could be a move by Callahan to put some pressure on Lee to commit.

And what does this say about Beck?????

I don't think much really. Beck will be a senior by the time this kid will be ready to see the field. How is he going to have 3 years to play 4? He played this past year and I assume he is going to play this season. Just curious about that.

I like the video of this kid that I saw. Will hang in the pocket, make the tough throw and take a hit, but also will not hesitate to tuck the ball and run for 10 yards when he sees there is nothing available. Seems to be quite the find, reminds me a lot of the video I saw of Taylor, in terms of field management(I don't think Taylor was quite the threat to run).