JUCO QB Lyle Moevao

Also this could be a move by Callahan to put some pressure on Lee to commit.

And what does this say about Beck?????

I don't think much really. Beck will be a senior by the time this kid will be ready to see the field. How is he going to have 3 years to play 4? He played this past year and I assume he is going to play this season. Just curious about that.

I like the video of this kid that I saw. Will hang in the pocket, make the tough throw and take a hit, but also will not hesitate to tuck the ball and run for 10 yards when he sees there is nothing available. Seems to be quite the find, reminds me a lot of the video I saw of Taylor, in terms of field management(I don't think Taylor was quite the threat to run).

Exactly. I don't think this really says anything about Beck or his progress other than he would be a guy that could provide some competition, which is always a good thing.

With him being able to be here this fall he would obviously redshirt which would be great for him to get a year in the system and then have three full years to be able to play if need be. He looks to be a guy that could definitely grow in the offense and even if he never starts, could be a very viable back up.

It looks like his team El Camino played in a very competitive league and finished 11-1 with their only loss in the playoffs to Grossmont 52-43. Grossmont went on to be voted the JUCO national champion. In that final game Moevao put up his biggest numbers of the season 24 for 43 and 409 yards with two touchdown passes.

I believe Jordan Adams came out of Grossmont and put up some big numbers in a few starts when the regular QB was injured. The difference is Moevao was the starter the whole season. They also had him listed as a defensive end but I couldn't find any tackle totals. On the roster he was listed as 5-11, 205.

El Camino is about 3 miles from where I live, They get alot of kid's from Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, Hawthorne, Torrance, and Inglewood who are still maybe a year away from D1 - They do send alot of kids after 1 year to Big Colleges.

i like what i have seen and read so far. Rivals had an interview posted, and after reading it i would say Moevao seems quite intelligent.

Im not going to compare and contrast Moevao and Beck because i have not seen enough from Beck to really give him a grade. Sure he's 1-10 with an INT but he hasnt played enough and gone through the motions yet. Moevao isnt even in a Husker uniform yet.

To expect Beck to command and control like Zac Taylor is outrageous. Zac Taylor is older, and Zac Taylor has actually gone through the motions of being humbled and wrecked and rebuilt again. Beck has already been ripped and humbled, so there really is nowhere else to go but up.

i like what i have seen and read so far. Rivals had an interview posted, and after reading it i would say Moevao seems quite intelligent.

Im not going to compare and contrast Moevao and Beck because i have not seen enough from Beck to really give him a grade. Sure he's 1-10 with an INT but he hasnt played enough and gone through the motions yet. Moevao isnt even in a Husker uniform yet.

To expect Beck to command and control like Zac Taylor is outrageous. Zac Taylor is older, and Zac Taylor has actually gone through the motions of being humbled and wrecked and rebuilt again. Beck has already been ripped and humbled, so there really is nowhere else to go but up.

Lyle qualified academically out of high school which is helping him get out of JUCO at the end of the year after one year.

i like what i have seen and read so far.  Rivals had an interview posted, and after reading it i would say Moevao seems quite intelligent. 

Im not going to compare and contrast Moevao and Beck because i have not seen enough from Beck to really give him a grade.  Sure he's 1-10 with an INT but he hasnt played enough and gone through the motions yet.  Moevao isnt even in a Husker uniform yet. 

To expect Beck to command and control like Zac Taylor is outrageous.  Zac Taylor is older, and Zac Taylor has actually gone through the motions of being humbled and wrecked and rebuilt again.  Beck has already been ripped and humbled, so there really is nowhere else to go but up.

Lyle qualified academically out of high school which is helping him get out of JUCO at the end of the year after one year.

I just got a myspace email from Lyle, he wanted me to post a link to this Highlight video. http://www.elcofootball.com/prospects/2007...07/lmoevao.html There's a poll on the page to vote where he should go NEBRASKA or oregon state - VOTE BABY!!!

Vote

After my vote it is 16-0 GOOD GUYS! It's too bad recruiting isn't based on votes... :lol:

Make it 19-0. I see this kid becoming a Husker. From the video, it looks like Callahan would have a lot to work with. I wonder why he never signed with anyone out of high school.

Vote

After my vote it is 16-0 GOOD GUYS! It's too bad recruiting isn't based on votes... :lol:

Make it 19-0. I see this kid becoming a Husker. From the video, it looks like Callahan would have a lot to work with. I wonder why he never signed with anyone out of high school.

it wasnt academic issues. its kind of like will henry, where you have a coach run an offense that doesnt feature a lot of passing. he went to a juco that does throw the ball and now his decision is paying off.. i voted its now at 20

edit: im not implying will henry went to juco.