Bill Moos Press Conference - Announces Mike Riley Firing

Mavric

Im still thinking about the “undisciplined” , “im a stickler for clean locker rooms” and “everyone should wear the uniforms the same” comments. What in the heck was going on down there? I know folks have mentioned it. But just reflecting on what was said yesterday, coupled with Riley’s , oh golly gee, gomer pyle type attitude. We would have never won crap. 

Edited by mwj98
  • Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, mwj98 said:

Im still thinking about the “undisciplined” , “im a stickler for clean locker rooms” and “everyone should wear the uniforms the same” comments. What in the heck was going on down there? I know folks have mentioned it. But just reflecting on what was said yesterday, coupled with Riley’s , oh golly gee, gomer pyle type attitude. We would have never won crap. 

The more I think about the comments from Moos about seeing undisciplined things and messy locker rooms, I actually start to get some sympathy for Diaco.  I know Diaco seemed like a total nut bar at times, but I think Diaco wanted to have a disciplined team, and the players were so used to being undisciplined, they weren't willing and able to change.  There was an article today about how offensive players and assistants thought Diaco was nuts for having the defense do up-downs in drills.  Looking at the way Diaco dressed, I think he expected the team to have a more business-like attitude, and that didn't seem to exist under Riley.

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The more I think about the comments from Moos about seeing undisciplined things and messy locker rooms, I actually start to get some sympathy for Diaco.  I know Diaco seemed like a total nut bar at times, but I think Diaco wanted to have a disciplined team, and the players were so used to being undisciplined, they weren't willing and able to change.  There was an article today about how offensive players and assistants thought Diaco was nuts for having the defense do up-downs in drills.  Looking at the way Diaco dressed, I think he expected the team to have a more business-like attitude, and that didn't seem to exist under Riley.

Really??? Up downs are part of the territory. Not to beat a dead horse. But his entire demeanor yeaterday at the podium just felt way too nonchalant and flippant. We had a country club going on down there in lincoln. 

33 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I've heard players in class whine about having to wear their helmet while on the sideline.