CB Stanley Garner [Kentucky - Signed LOI]

Mavric

1 hour ago, brophog said:

Winning never hurts. This staff is big on relationships, too, and in many cases they'll have had more time to build better ones. They don't need to win the natty next year to show something, though. I can pretty much guarantee you the defense improves, that's almost a given with a quality hire to a bad team. The offense just has to pass the prove it test....prove it's not a G5 fluke. If he gets some of this speed to commit, he'll get enough highlight plays to sustain momentum even if the record isn't great.

The early signing day can help, too. This season's momentum will have already done a lot of work by the time we hit the heart of conference play next year.

Something we should all consider. The talent we had on our roster last year was not a 4-8 team. The ah shucks, no big deal attitude was a cancer. The kids didnt buy in and didnt care. Frost brings a team first, energy. You could easily flip last year from 4-8 to 8-4 just on team attitude. Now throw in a new and better scheme, better coaches etc. I know the schedule is tough but Ohio State is the only far superior team in talent as Nebraska next year. In my opinion that is the only not winnable game.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Football Guy Bob said:

I think you wouldn’t allow coaches to do an in-home visit if you were truly committed to another school.

Yup. It goes back to are you REALLY committed?

I can't think of any examples right now, but we HAVE had plenty of former recruits actually SHUT down their recruiting. (Don't call, don't visit, I'm committed.)

Edited by ScottyIce
  • Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Something we should all consider. The talent we had on our roster last year was not a 4-8 team. The ah shucks, no big deal attitude was a cancer. The kids didnt buy in and didnt care. Frost brings a team first, energy. You could easily flip last year from 4-8 to 8-4 just on team attitude. Now throw in a new and better scheme, better coaches etc. I know the schedule is tough but Ohio State is the only far superior team in talent as Nebraska next year. In my opinion that is the only not winnable game.

I completely agree, I think most of the games we lose next year will be more due to the adjustment to new schemes and concepts then difference in talent. Except maybe on the line, I have no idea how good/bad we really are because our schemes have sucked the past couple years

10 minutes ago, Husker from Kansas said:

I completely agree, I think most of the games we lose next year will be more due to the adjustment to new schemes and concepts then difference in talent. Except maybe on the line, I have no idea how good/bad we really are because our schemes have sucked the past couple years

The good thing about frost's system is it will hide some deficiencies of not having elite offensive line talent. 

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I know the schedule is tough but Ohio State is the only far superior team in talent as Nebraska next year. In my opinion that is the only not winnable game.

Michigan will humble us, the offense won't be ready for that defense by that point. They have a lot of talent on that side of the ball, and they're very aggressive, good at finding cracks in a fledgling new offense. But, playing that kind of game early can help sharpen us for the remaining schedule. There is a pretty big drop off after those two teams in regards to scare factor.

• Plus1 1

On 12/14/2017 at 3:56 PM, brophog said:

Michigan will humble us, the offense won't be ready for that defense by that point. They have a lot of talent on that side of the ball, and they're very aggressive, good at finding cracks in a fledgling new offense. But, playing that kind of game early can help sharpen us for the remaining schedule. There is a pretty big drop off after those two teams in regards to scare factor.

Wisconsin has a tougher D and I think NU can beat them. The question with Michigan is whether their O improves or not because UW beat them down due to a lack of O.

• Mavric changed the title to CB Stanley Garner [Kentucky - Signed LOI]