Stanley Morgan Jr. Staying for Senior Season

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:07 AM, ScottyIce said:

Good news. Provides us with some top tier depth at WR. Glad Stan is back.

Now we just need to hope there is someone behind Stan, Tyjon, JD.

Regarding Tyjon Lindsey, for as highly touted, hyped, and ranked as he was coming out of high school, his true freshman year was pretty much a complete bust. 

12 catches, for 76 yards and 7 carries for 4 yards:  http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/stats/_/id/158

I am NOT saying he can't or won't become the player those rankings suggest.  What I am saying is that I expected, based off the immense hype, for him to have a much more dominant freshman campaign. 

That being said, I'll give Tyjon a mulligan for his freshman season because of the terribly incompetent "coaching" of the previous staff. 

Edited by Making Chimichangas
  • Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

Cav may not have been a good O-line coach but that doesn't mean he wasn't a nice guy that didn't pan out.

And most people thought he was a nice guy based on his friendship with Milt. It’s nice that he got close to Milt before his passing, but Cav also bristled at the media who questioned his o-line rotation or lack thereof. He may not have been such a nice guy after all. 

3 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Regarding Tyjon Lindsey, for as highly touted, hyped, and ranked as he was coming out of high school, his true freshman year was pretty much a complete bust. 

12 catches, for 76 yards and 7 carries for 4 yards:  http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/stats/_/id/158

I am NOT saying he can't or won't become the player those rankings suggest.  What I am saying is that I expected, based off the immense hype, for him to have a much more dominant freshman campaign. 

That being said, I'll give Tyjon a mulligan for his freshman season because of the terribly incompetent "coaching" of the previous staff. 

He also did make a few nice blocks that led to big plays.... which is going to count for the new staff.

3 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I honestly think that last years, old school, west coast offense was a major reason Tyjon didn’t really shine. He’s built to excel in the spread. Tyjon, Stanley, and JD are going to shock the nation next season.

Can’t wait to see these guys play in a modern football scheme!

1 hour ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

Milt Tenopir didn't use a rotation, sure he substituted during games but he didn't use a rotation. He confirmed this himself so why do we get upset because Cavanaugh didn't?

Maybe the lack of rotation shouldn’t be criticized (although there has been proof of backup linemen playing early in the 95 Orange Bowl), but Cav’s “throw a dart at the wall” way of selecting which linemen play was maddening. He only cared about getting 5 guys ready to play and that had significant negative impact on the performance of the line. I will stop bringing  Cav up in a thread about Morgan. However, I still don’t get all the “credit” Riley and his assistants get for being nice and professional. I understand Bo and his staff may have not been model employees, but I don’t get all the credit Riley and that staff gets for doing what we expect of our coaches.

1 hour ago, bhunt7 said:

I honestly think that last years, old school, west coast offense was a major reason Tyjon didn’t really shine. He’s built to excel in the spread. Tyjon, Stanley, and JD are going to shock the nation next season.

Can’t wait to see these guys play in a modern football scheme!

Lindsey was used incorrectly by the former staff and he was poorly coached. Lindsey never learned to get upfield, and was always going side to side. That’s a player not understanding the college game is much faster than high school, and the coaches not getting him to change what he was doing. 

40 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Lindsey was used incorrectly by the former staff and he was poorly coached. Lindsey never learned to get upfield, and was always going side to side. That’s a player not understanding the college game is much faster than high school, and the coaches not getting him to change what he was doing. 

Langsdoof telegraphed every single play that Tyjon was going to get the ball.  If anyone benefits from the scheme change I bet Tyjon would be the one.

2 minutes ago, husker_fan_from_sweden said:

Langsdoof telegraphed every single play that Tyjon was going to get the ball.  If anyone benefits from the scheme change I bet Tyjon would be the one.

Yeah it was obvious that Tyjon was going to get the ball on jet sweeps and quick WR outs, but Tyjon didn’t run those plays very well. He just didn’t seem to know what he was doing out there. I do agree that a scheme change will do wonders for him though.

Tyjon’s greatest skill is his straight ahead speed. I think Frost and staff will find a way to use that speed in wide open spaces and find him mismatches downfield.