Suh tangent from the Michael Thompson recruiting thread

r06ue1

On 1/19/2018 at 6:05 PM, Ric Flair said:

I've been disappointed with Suh's performance the past few years. He's gone from being dominant to just being good. I'll be curious to see what kind of deal he gets if he leaves Miami. He's still a top ten defensive tackle, but should be more.

I mean, instead of being double teamed by big 12 lineman he is being double teamed by all pro lineman, but i see your point

On 1/21/2018 at 5:18 PM, Ric Flair said:

You edited that incorrectly to quote the wrong person.

And yeah, Suh’s production hasn’t been great in Miami. He barely cracks most top ten lists of the best defensive tackles in football. He’s not even in the vicinity of Aaron Donald right now.

On 1/21/2018 at 6:04 PM, The Dude said:

Yes it has.

His numbers are roughly the same as they were in Detroit: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SuhxNd99.htm

• Plus1 1

Suh was last a first-team All-Pro in 2014. He was second-team All-Pro last season. He didn’t make it this year, as he was beaten out by Donald, Heyward, Cox, and Campbell.

Suh was last a Pro Bowler in 2016. He dodn’t make it this year, with Atkins, Casey, and Jackson rated ahead of him for the AFC team.

He had 3.5 sacks last season, his worst ever. As a rookie, he had 10. As recently as 2014, he had 8.5. 

He had 47 total tackles last season, his worst mark since 2012.

Suh is a top ten defensive tackle in the NFL...no question. But there are guys who are clearly better and he is no longer a transcendent talent.

There is a reason that after breaking the bank to sign him, Suh is no longer in the Dolphins’ plans. He was overpaid to begin with and his slipping play makes his salary and cap hit more and more ridiculous.

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He had 3.5 sacks last season, his worst ever.

This is untrue.  He had 4.5 this year.  His worst was 4 in 2011.

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He had 47 total tackles last season, his worst mark since 2012.

"Since 2012".   That means he had less in 2012.  The claim was his production has declined the last 3 years. 

To put 48 tackles into perspective,  Pro Bowler Fletcher Cox had 26 tackles this year.  Suh was way more productive.

Edited by The Dude