Men in America

1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Well maybe you haven't been watching Hannity lately, but he is more than willing to side with Donald Trump AGAINST the Republican establishment, where much of the conservative battle and personal hissy fits are taking place. Judge Jeanine and Laura Ingram will also take Donald Trump's word over Paul Ryan's any day.

I am very proud to admit I have not watched either Hannity (or anyone else on Fox) for years except for when I happen to walk into my mother and father's house and they have it on.

What you described is one hell of a lot of hot mess.

20 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Well maybe you haven't been watching Hannity lately, but he is more than willing to side with Donald Trump AGAINST the Republican establishment, where much of the conservative battle and personal hissy fits are taking place. Judge Jeanine and Laura Ingram will also take Donald Trump's word over Paul Ryan's any day.

This is the problem when you become deceived by a certain group think of being all in on one person.  The blinders are on, they don't see the wrongs of the guy and will take his word over

all others - combined.  Thus all other news is 'fake news' and a everyone is 'against' their guy - trump.

It will be very interesting to watch their reaction when/if Trump is charged by Mueller - esp when real facts are known. 

12 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

This is the problem when you become deceived by a certain group think of being all in on one person.  The blinders are on, they don't see the wrongs of the guy and will take his word over

all others - combined.  Thus all other news is 'fake news' and a everyone is 'against' their guy - trump.

It will be very interesting to watch their reaction when/if Trump is charged by Mueller - esp when real facts are known. 

We already know how they'll react.

If he's actually impeached, that's when things get interesting. I don't think that will happen though.

Edited by Moiraine

if you really wanted to drain the swamp, you wouldn't listen to the Republican or Democratic establishment at all.

That was the appeal of both Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders, and if anyone says they predicted their success in 2015, they're lying. 

Trump genuinely hates the Republican establishment. And he hates the Democratic establishment even more. But he doesn't want to drain the swamp. He doesn't want to do the Koch's and Mercer's bidding either, although he does so incidentally. He doesn't have a plan for anything, really. Because he doesn't want the job.

But Donald Trump does drive the liberal media insane, and that's what Hannity, et. al. love most about him. 

• Plus1 2

Trump is doing everything the Republican party wants and they vote right along with him, so I'm not sure how you came to that part of your conclusion. E.g. the senate could have out-voted his veto if the GOP isn't lying about supporting DACA and being against the wall. The fact is they're lying.

• Plus1 1

Two things are very very clear recently from Trump.

He DOES want the job - He has already started his reelection campaign.  He folded like a wet noodle the moment the NRA started getting pissy behind the scenes with his gun control suggestions.  He folded because he was scared of losing such a huge block of his voters.

He DOES do whatever the Republicans want (even though he tries his best to act like he doesn't like them).  He's doing it because he does love being President and he knows there is no way in hell he is going to win reelection if he has to rely on any Democratic votes.

• Plus1 1

I don't know if I agree ... how would he explain it publicly if he decided NOT to run because he hates it?  His ego is too big to step back.  And he does love campaigning ... if there's anything he likes about the job its those ridiculous rallys where he gets to be the superstar with his sheep.

• Plus1 1