La Tech game on national TV

Husker Rob, You do what you have to on your journey ahead, just stay safe, try to get on line if at all poss. There are many people on this board that tape, record or have the ability to show you the games on-line. I think that is the least that can be done for you.

Be Safe!

this is why NU will always be the best and will always have the best fans. I will get online as often as possible. I will even be willing to pay someone to record all broadcast games on dvd and pay the postage to send it to me.

I bought the Alamo bowl game, while I love hearing the radio announcers I really dont like the cuts between plays and the fact that you do not get any replays.

Thanks in advance for all of the support from the fellow board members

Rob :thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

Just out of curiousity, where are you at Rob that you can't catch the games? I don't want to speak for others here, but I think most would get you a copy of games if they have the means. Maybe the cost of postage and the DVD, but that should be about it. Keep the board posted, and Go Big Red!

I will be posting for a little while longer....I dont leave until the end of August. My brother and fellow board member, Huskernumerouno, is in Iraq right now and we both appriciate all of the well wishes and support that all of you have given.

Hopefully I will have good access to the internet and be able to listen to the game online, and trust me I will be cheering loud enough that I might be heard in Lincoln.

You guys, and gals all rock

rob

I will be posting for a little while longer....I dont leave until the end of August. My brother and fellow board member, Huskernumerouno, is in Iraq right now and we both appriciate all of the well wishes and support that all of you have given.

Hopefully I will have good access to the internet and be able to listen to the game online, and trust me I will be cheering loud enough that I might be heard in Lincoln.

You guys, and gals all rock

rob

You are right bro, :horns2 these guys and gals are the best. Keep your arse down and remember that huskers rule even in the middle east. You and I will cross paths and hopefully we can catch a game together when all of this is over. I will try to make the first or second home game and go to the huskerboard tailgait party.

A big thank you to all of the board members :cheers , I just met a marine from crete and gave him this web addy hopefully he can log in and join in our fun.

GOD BLESS THE USA

I deploy for the "big sand box" in July as well. The Husker Nation has always prayed for its troops and cheered when they came home. :thumbs I feel so bad for you Husker Rob though .... you have to miss the whole season ( that is if your deployment is like ours ) at least I will be able to see Colorado.

If anyone knows where we can get a live up link ... or anything like that from the media center at UNL that would be awsome :worship

GBR!!!

I deploy for the "big sand box" in July as well. The Husker Nation has always prayed for its troops and cheered when they came home. :thumbs I feel so bad for you Husker Rob though .... you have to miss the whole season ( that is if your deployment is like ours ) at least I will be able to see Colorado.

If anyone knows where we can get a live up link ... or anything like that from the media center at UNL that would be awsome :worship

GBR!!!

I will miss the entire season, I wont come back for 1 year so I will be able to catch the 07 season

I'll just say that I'm not crazy about this Iraq thing. Afghanistan, yes, but...ok...not the time or place. I will say that I completely support every last US soldier, and everything they do. You guys are nothing short than the biggest heroes on the planet. I had the painstaking experience of seeing Ground Zero last month. Now it is alot different because they are now busy building the new Freedom Tower, which will be incredible when it is done. But we went to the church across the street, I believe is St. Peter's, founded in 1785, that has a cemetary from individuals that were born before this country was even a country. It is nothing short of amazing. You think of all the people who died in the fire when New York was a young city, and then all the sacrifices it saw during 9/11. (the body of Rev. Mychal Judge, a chaplain for the NY fire dept., was the first official casualty of 9/11).

Now I'm not an overly-emotional person. I don't personally know one single person who was linked to a death from 9/11. But there is something awful when you walk into a church steps from Ground Zero, candles lit, and all around you is notes to loved ones, kids, spouses with letters to their parents who were never coming home, asking them to come home soon, stories about volunteers who gave massages and hot meals around the clock to rescue workers who endangered their health to find no one. Ever lose a pet? Put up a flier asking if anyone had seen your pet, and if they did, where they could reach you? Try looking at hundreds of them in one place, but instead of pets, people who had many who loved them, but were never going to be found. I've never had a bigger lump in my throat. I had to stare at a random church pew for a minute, because if I had anyone talk to me, or look at me with the same look I'm sure I had, I'd have lost it. Thankfully, my wife was looking at a message board across the church. She would've messed me up the most.

I guess my point is, I hope that the reason our military is deployed is sincerely to prevent this atrocity from ever happening again. Anywhere. Americans have HUGE hearts, and I hope our troops, being involved with people who obviously don't like us, can still show that we aren't power-driven individuals who want to rule the world, but want freedom and serenity for all in their daily lives. I get an attitude with the Huskers and sports, but I'm the type of person that can get along with anyone. Respect me, and I'll respect you. There are so many good people on this planet. Even ones in locations that we think can't possibly be good people. I don't always agree with my government, why would someone in Iraq, Iran, Syria, etc. be any different. Difference is, I have a choice to speak my opinions. My equal in another country could be shot, beheaded, etc. for what they think.

Not only are you the best, you have the opportunity to be great representation to individuals who have never seen the level of compassion that the USA is willing to offer.

God bless our troops, God bless the USA, and God bless the people of the world. :thumbs

I have 3 brothers in Bagdad now. All Rangers. A little goofy upstairs but very good people. LOL I do support all our armed forces and support them fully. We are doing a very good thing in Iraq. The initial resoning for going to Iraq should have been a bit wider. I do not agree with the reasons given to the public for going to Iraq but to stop the genocide and general push for holy war and world war by some nut job that made his intentions well known, is a very good reason. Unfortunately, getting an entire country back on its feet and trying to keep our country safe from all the different threats that exist/existed is a long road ahead. I thank the good lord we have men and women that have the guts to go out and make it happen not only for the US but many other countries. There should be nobody that can hold there heads higher and nobody that should be thought of any better than our troops. NOBODY. All, national heros and icons for the world to look up to. But you are right wrong place and time for that discussion. God bless freedom and God bless America!

WOW, how off topic can we get. :wacko:

I have 3 brothers in Bagdad now. All Rangers. A little goofy upstairs but very good people. LOL I do support all our armed forces and support them fully. We are doing a very good thing in Iraq. The initial resoning for going to Iraq should have been a bit wider. I do not agree with the reasons given to the public for going to Iraq but to stop the genocide and general push for holy war and world war by some nut job that made his intentions well known, is a very good reason. Unfortunately, getting an entire country back on its feet and trying to keep our country safe from all the different threats that exist/existed is a long road ahead. I thank the good lord we have men and women that have the guts to go out and make it happen not only for the US but many other countries. There should be nobody that can hold there heads higher and nobody that should be thought of any better than our troops. NOBODY. All, national heros and icons for the world to look up to. But you are right wrong place and time for that discussion. God bless freedom and God bless America!

WOW, how off topic can we get. :wacko:

What was this topic about? La Tech on TV? :huh:;)

Foppa--

Your words are truley appreciated. Having been deployed into that region once before, just knowing that there are people like you and everyone else on this board supporting us makes it that much easier over there. Unfortunately bad news sells so that is all that we see on television reguarding what is happening in Iraq. The news doesn't show the smiles on childrens faces when soldiers bring in supplys for their schools. The number of schools and hospitals that were rebuilt by Americans is amazing.

From all of the Soldiers, Marines, Sailors, and Airmen serving (past and present) in the Armed Forces--------THANK YOU

Rob

p.s.

I guess I am to blame for getting this discussion off track, since I was complaining that I was not going to be around to watch the game on TV

let me explain...I was on my honeymoon in Aruba during the NU/A&M game in '02. Little did I know that I could've watched it in my hotel at 2AM...but i digress. I still haven't got to see the comeback in College Station...a highlight on an otherwise dim season...(NU lost to OSU on my wedding day) thank god I'm still married :lol:

I was on my honeymoon in Cozumel when NU tanked 70-10 to Tech. :bang

I wonder what the tally is for Husker fans getting married during bye weeks?

I look forward to seeing any and all games on TV and it will be sweet to see the season opener.

Best wishes to you Husker Rob!!

WOW, how off topic can we get.  :wacko:

What was this topic about? La Tech on TV? :huh:;)

lol just messin.