Why isn't Hillary Clinton in Jail?

8 hours ago, knapplc said:

LOL at the fiction that some washed-up politician is beyond justice of the most powerful man and political party in the free  world.

You don't think certain people of power are immune from punishment if they are of use or are personal favorites of those at the top? (And in thisscenario I mean the behind the scenes top, the shadow government) This favouritism and special treatment hallens all the time.  Go to any small town and see all the people who are immune from DUI because they are "friends" with the sheriff.

I'm not asking people to believe everything I'm suggesting, that would be pushing political beliefs and Infind that as annoying as pushing religion onro someone.  All I'm saying is that acting like we as commoners even have a minute grasp of what's really going on in DC and above is absurd.  There is so much we don't know and never will.

8 hours ago, ZRod said:

Their inner workings have come to light in the last 3 years if you're paying attention, and it's not that surprising. They push for one candidate over another in their own party. Talk about strategies to defeat candidates in their party and the opposing party. Work with outside sources in the media to prep for questions. You're delusional if you think Democrats and republicans are coordinating to keep Hillary out of jail. There just isn't some giant protect the Clintons conspiracy. If there were it would be unraveling faster than Trump's non-disclosure agreements.

Yeah.....all the inner workings are coming out.....sure.

46 minutes ago, Redux said:

You don't think certain people of power are immune from punishment if they are of use or are personal favorites of those at the top? (And in thisscenario I mean the behind the scenes top, the shadow government) This favouritism and special treatment hallens all the time.  Go to any small town and see all the people who are immune from DUI because they are "friends" with the sheriff.

I'm not asking people to believe everything I'm suggesting, that would be pushing political beliefs and Infind that as annoying as pushing religion onro someone.  All I'm saying is that acting like we as commoners even have a minute grasp of what's really going on in DC and above is absurd.  There is so much we don't know and never will.

In this scenario, Trump is the Sheriff and the Republicans are his deputies. Trump campaigned on "Lock her up," and while he may have recanted that after the election, the Republicans haven't. And they don't need Trump's approval to appoint a special counsel (see: Robert Mueller). And even if you want to pretend Clinton is some powerful person, she isn't better connected than Lindsay Graham, who is quoted in the OP as saying Clinton should be in jail.

Well, Lindsay Graham has the power to put her there. Or, at least, to begin an investigation into whether she belongs there.

If the claim is that 2016 loser Hillary Clinton is more powerful than a Senator who sits on four different committees, including the Judiciary, I'm not buying it. 

If Trump can be investigated by Mueller, nothing is stopping the Republicans from investigating Clinton.

Anything else is a fantasy.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Redux said:

Yeah.....all the inner workings are coming out.....sure.

You don't follow the news do you? The Russian literally hacked the DNC's emails and released them. You really think they would hold on to all the most damning evidence when what they want to do is sow chaos in the US? It's gross what we found out, but not illegal, and compared to what we are seeing with the current adminstration, pretty mundane. Just use some logic, the truth is out there Fox, but it isn't some shadow government.

• Plus1 2

50 minutes ago, ZRod said:

You don't follow the news do you? The Russian literally hacked the DNC's emails and released them. You really think they would hold on to all the most damning evidence when what they want to do is so chaos in the US? It's gross what we found out, but not illegal, and compared to what we are seeing with the current adminstration, pretty mundane. Just use some logic, the truth is out there Fox, but it isn't some shadow government.

It's cute how you think the news is still news

1 hour ago, Redux said:

It's cute how you think the news is still news

That's fine, you can wear your tinfoil hat and I'll live in reality. Journalism has integrity despite what you may think (granted there are Journalist who taint the reputation for all of them). Quality stories are written all the time using multiple sources and verifiable facts. You choosing not to follow or believe them doesn't change the fact that they exist.

• Plus1 1
45 minutes ago, teachercd said:

She is a former First Lady that is still married to a living former President.  She could shoot me in the chest right now and she wouldn't get prosecuted.  

Maybe when her husband dies, but that is still a stretch.

All you need to look at is the members of Trump's team getting indicted and convicted right now to know that isn't true. I do think the rich and powerful get away with far more than the average American but not on obvious stuff like shooting someone in the chest.

• Plus1 1

37 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

All you need to look at is the members of Trump's team getting indicted and convicted right now to know that isn't true. I do think the rich and powerful get away with far more than the average American but not on obvious stuff like shooting someone in the chest.

I get what you are saying but...I guess I don't know what to say other than the fact that I think a former First Lady that is still married to a former living President of the United States is very different than some people that are members of Trump's team.  I just think it is such a huge difference in terms of their position.  I can't even imagine how connected Bill still is to this day.

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I get what you are saying but...I guess I don't know what to say other than the fact that I think a former First Lady that is still married to a former living President of the United States is very different than some people that are members of Trump's team.  I just think it is such a huge difference in terms of their position.  I can't even imagine how connected Bill still is to this day.

The wife of someone who hasn't been President for nearly 2 decades versus the close personal lawyer of the current President (or former campaign manager, cabinet member, business partners - take your pick) - I'd say the former is less protected than the later, especially considering the current President also has his own party in control of both Houses of Congress along with having appointed all of the major heads of agencies including the DoJ and FBI.

:dunno

• Plus1 1

There is a difference between being well connected and being above the law. To make the claim that some one is above the law is in and of itself is an extraordinary claim, which as Sagan said "requires extraordinary evidence".

• Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

The wife of someone who hasn't been President for nearly 2 decades versus the close personal lawyer of the current President (or former campaign manager, cabinet member, business partners - take your pick) - I'd say the former is less protected than the later, especially considering the current President also has his own party in control of both Houses of Congress along with having appointed all of the major heads of agencies including the DoJ and FBI.

:dunno

I would disagree.  But you could be right...could be wrong too.