Can you hear the rumble?

It tis' a bit early to start discussing this game this post was more born out of an appreciation for all things burnt orange recently. Not that I am switching sides or anything the day that happens you can take me out to the pasture and you know....

but really Texas fans are classy well at least all the ones I have met and the ones in particular in this thread discussing the upcoming meeting.

Hook 'em

These boys are a near mirror image of Husker Fans IMO. Except they prefer wearing a god-awful color of orange but hey things are different in Texas and well burnt! Just look at the grass and you can tell that things are hot down here.

Well below I found some fans of the Horns worthy of quoting and I hope you all not (ya'll) enjoy them as much as I did.

I was at our last victory in Lincoln, and I have to say hats off to the fine Husker fans. They are the class of the Big 12, and a reason why I believe we have a great conference.

I wish we played Nebraska each year, instead of 2 on 2 off.

my favorite:

If you have to mortgage the hot tub in order to go, then do it. We have been there for both of our games up there and the title game in St. Louis. The best, most knowledgable fans on earth. If you tailgate with them, which you will, plan on gaining 5 pounds. I also wish that we played them every year.

To all Texas Longhorns fans you guys rock and I have found a new spot in my Husker heart for ya! However, dont think in the least I forgot about that 47 home game winning streak but that being in the past I look forward to the biggest conference game we have this year!

:horns2

Yep, UT fans are pretty cool. Especially coming here usually for the CWS, I think they have an even greater appreciation for Nebraskans. When I was in Dallas in '03, I struck up a conversation with a couple dudes at a bar and they told me they were gonna be at the NU-UT game and that they had nothing but respect for our program.

Yep, UT fans are pretty cool. Especially coming here usually for the CWS, I think they have an even greater appreciation for Nebraskans. When I was in Dallas in '03, I struck up a conversation with a couple dudes at a bar and they told me they were gonna be at the NU-UT game and that they had nothing but respect for our program.

it comes from having pride and confidence in their program, not unlike nebraska boosters.

texas and nebraska don't have to talk smack: they've had years of solid success and don't need to lower themselves to that level.

now, k state and CU... well, that's another story...

I've said it before...UT fans are full of themselves, but why shouldn't they be? They are the epitamy of college football pride, tradition, and knowledge. They are terrific fans, and they represent the Big 12 well.

Sounds like another fan base I know. ;)

I just posted on their website asking a few of them to come on our website to debate the game and other college football information. I figured it would be good to get their perspective of other happenings in college football!!! :thumbs

It's always fun debating with other teams' fans. As long as they're not belligerent, that's a cool thing to do. :thumbs

i'm sorry to say this, but...my uncle is a texas fan (lord forgive him) and everyone loves him, it's not just cuz i have to but, he is very knowledgable on everything football related, he gives me crap all the time as do i to him that just comes with the territory. Everyother tx. fan that i have met are very classy, geniunely nice people, i have no bad remarks for their fans. I don't intend on watching the game with him cuz we'll end up killing each other, and he is much larger than i am :lol: naw, i probably will watch it with him i'll just keep that 9mm handy after the USC game :thumbs

i'm sorry to say this, but...my uncle is a texas fan (lord forgive him) and everyone loves him, it's not just cuz i have to but, he is very knowledgable on everything football related, he gives me crap all the time as do i to him that just comes with the territory. Everyother tx. fan that i have met are very classy, geniunely nice people, i have no bad remarks for their fans. I don't intend on watching the game with him cuz we'll end up killing each other, and he is much larger than i am :lol: naw, i probably will watch it with him i'll just keep that 9mm handy after the USC game :thumbs

:rollin:thumbs

• 2 weeks later...

PLEASE Tell me y'all don't consider Hornfans folks classy? Well, I guess you might if you aren't an Aggie. Damn, they obsess and hate us even though they swear we're not their rivals. ANYWAY, I hope y'all beat the everliving SNOT outta them! Husker, beat the HELL outta t.u.

WHOOP!

PLEASE Tell me y'all don't consider Hornfans folks classy? Well, I guess you might if you aren't an Aggie. Damn, they obsess and hate us even though they swear we're not their rivals. ANYWAY, I hope y'all beat the everliving SNOT outta them! Husker, beat the HELL outta t.u.

WHOOP!

sounds familiar.. like us and CU.. except i dont hate CU. CU is like the ants i step on when i obliterate an anthill.

As a husker fan, I appreciate the sentiment, AggieMarauder04. I hope we kick their ass too. No offense, but i hope we beat your team too. Its what being a fan is all about. wishful thinking. anyways, Good luck in 06, Aggies. See you in November.