2018-2019 NBA

Mavric

3 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

I hate his game so much. It is just hoist up 3's and then drive in the paint to draw fouls. 

The fact that some people (not on here) think he's one of the best offensive talents we've seen to me is crazy. Imagine what Jordan and Kobe would've done with these rules. 

Also he gets officiated completely different than every other NBA player out there. He shot more FT than 10 other teams tonight. That should not be happening. 

10 hours ago, wiuhusker said:

Am I the only one who thinks the current style of basketball Harden is playing is very boring? 61 is sweet and all but you missed 15 3's and had to shoot 25 FT to get there. 

I never watch the NBA - at least until playoffs - so I don't really know if it's boring or not.  ;)

But watching Harden play basically has to be like watching a one-on-one game.  He simply dominates the ball until he gets a shot.  So, yes, I would say that's boring.  Harden takes 200 dribbles and gets no assists on his points.  By contrast, Klay Thompson had a game a week or so ago where he scored 43 points and only dribbled 4 times to get those points.  That's basketball.  Not one-on-one with the other 8 guys watching.

My rule of thumb is usually if you can score as many points as shots you take from the field, you're being fairly efficient.  So he does OK from that standpoint.  But it's all the free throws he draws  that keep those numbers up there so I don't think it's a lot of fun to watch.

And I don't think it will work well in the playoffs.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Mavric said:

I never watch the NBA - at least until playoffs - so I don't really know if it's boring or not.  ;)

But watching Harden play basically has to be like watching a one-on-one game.  He simply dominates the ball until he gets a shot.  So, yes, I would say that's boring.  Harden takes 200 dribbles and gets no assists on his points.  By contrast, Klay Thompson had a game a week or so ago where he scored 43 points and only dribbled 4 times to get those points.  That's basketball.  Not one-on-one with the other 8 guys watching.

My rule of thumb is usually if you can score as many points as shots you take from the field, you're being fairly efficient.  So he does OK from that standpoint.  But it's all the free throws he draws  that keep those numbers up there so I don't think it's a lot of fun to watch.

And I don't think it will work well in the playoffs.

I'll have to see if I can find the tweet but somewhere I saw where Harden averages 500 dribbles per game. I understand CP3 is hurt and he's all they have but he scored 61 and they beat the horrible Knicks by 4 points. 

Also his streak is at 263 consecutive points that have been unassisted. If I was a teammate of his that had to cover his defensive lapses then didn't get the ball on the other end I would be furious.