Bracketology 2019

https://theathletic.com/778535/2019/01/23/bubble-watch-when-moral-victories-matter/

Nebraska (13-6, 3-5 — NET: 13, SOS: 68): This time last year, when the Huskers needed everything they could possibly squeeze out of the Big Ten season to stay on the bubble, a loss at Rutgers would have been devastating. This season, it’s an unfortunate blip. The résumé is in decent enough shape to not be too badly damaged by the Q3 defeat on Monday. And, because the Big Ten is so much better, the Cornhuskers will have plenty more opportunities to balance their ledger in the weeks to come — starting with Ohio State’s visit on Saturday.

• Plus1 1

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/insider/story/_/id/25844811/buying-teams-latest-round-bracketology

158.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=trueNebraska Cornhuskers
Current Bracketology seed: 8
BPI projected seed: 5.6
The Cornhuskers are ice cold, having lost four of their past six contests -- including a defeat at Rutgers on Monday. That might be temper expectations for this team a little bit, but BPI feels adamant in buying stock in Nebraska right now while the Huskers are unranked and on this down run.

That all stems from the fact that, despite the recent string of losses, Nebraska is the 16th-best team in the country, per BPI. That's actually worse than their opponent adjusted net efficiency rank of 11th.

Some might say the Cornhuskers are lacking that one signature win, but BPI takes careful note of the fact that they have had a slew of blowout victories -- which can be indicative of future success even if those victories came against mediocre opponents. Don't be fooled by recency bias: The Cornhuskers are about to be a team on the rise.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3

"Checklist for 22" - Not exactly headed in the right direction

Non-Con Must-Have Wins - Need All 7 - Check

Miss Valley St - SE Louisiana Seton Hall - Missouri St - Western Illinois - CSU Fullerton - Southwest Minnesota

Non-Con Toss-Ups - Need 2 - Plus 1

Clemson - Creighton - Oklahoma State - Texas Tech

Conference Must-Have Wins - Need 6 - Down 1

Illinois - Penn State - Rutgers - Illinois - Northwestern - Penn State

"Other" Conference Home Games - Need 5

Michigan State - Ohio State - Wisconsin - Maryland - Minnesota - Purdue - Iowa

"Other" Conference Road Games - Need 1 - Check

Minnesota - Maryland - Iowa - Indiana - Purdue - Michigan - Michigan State

Conference Tournament - Need 1

NET Rankings - Huskers #21 as of 1/26

Quad 1 - Clemson (57), Indiana (42)

Quad 2 - Seton Hall (56), Creighton (58), Oklahoma St (76)

Quad 3 - Illinois (126), Penn St (78)

Quad 4 - MVS (351), SELA (306), MO St (169), WIll (302), Cal-Fullerton (182)

Quad 1 Losses - Texas Tech (16), Minnesota (61), Maryland (20), Iowa (24), Michigan State (3)

Quad 2 Losses - Rutgers (132), Ohio State (45)

Quadrant 1: Home 1-30; Neutral 1-50; Away 1-75
Quadrant 2: Home 31-75; Neutral 51-100; Away 76-135
Quadrant 3: Home 76-160; Neutral 101-200; Away 136-240
Quadrant 4: Home 161-plus; Neutral 201-plus; Away 241-plus.

• Plus1 2
On 1/11/2019 at 9:17 AM, ECisGod said:

I think that they are likely to lose their next two games (at Indiana, Michigan State), but they should win 9 of the next 10.

On 1/11/2019 at 9:21 AM, Mavric said:

If we lose the next two, we'll be 2-5 in conference with the two wins coming over teams that are currently winless in conference.  

Not saying they can't, but "expecting" them to win 9 of the next 10 seems a bit ambitious.

Like I was saying.....

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Do you think he lost the team?  I suppose you could be right.

I do see more wins this season.  I think they get to around 18 wins or so.

Based on what I saw at the game yesterday, the only players who care about the team are Watson & Borchardt. Palmer will always get his even if it is at the expense of the team. Roby & Allen are hard to judge because they haven't been used properly.

With the effort & level of care I saw yesterday I'd say they are clearly better than Penn State & Illinois and basically equal to Northwestern. None of those teams are coming to PBA and Miles has never figured out how to motivate the team to play on the road so I'm not sure where five more wins come from. 

4 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

Based on what I saw at the game yesterday, the only players who care about the team are Watson & Borchardt. Palmer will always get his even if it is at the expense of the team. Roby & Allen are hard to judge because they haven't been used properly.

With the effort & level of care I saw yesterday I'd say they are clearly better than Penn State & Illinois and basically equal to Northwestern. None of those teams are coming to PBA and Miles has never figured out how to motivate the team to play on the road so I'm not sure where five more wins come from. 

Illinois just smoked 13th ranked Maryland on the road.  (sort of...it was at MSG)

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Illinois just smoked 13th ranked Maryland on the road.  (sort of...it was at MSG)

Missed that. After the complete disaster of yesterday's Husker effort I didn't watch any Hoops after I got home & haven't gotten to read much of the paper yet today.