Going To Eat This

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm on my own for supper tonight.  That usually doesn't happen.  So, I'm trying to think of something I like or have wanted to try that my wife would not be fond of.  I'm usually pretty dang adventurous.  

I'm thinking about maybe trying Buffalo Squirrel Hot Wings.

Gotta find me a squirrel though.

Is that really a thing or were you being funny?

I know people eat squirrel but it's never seemed like something to do for me....and I'm pretty adventurous in what I'll try.

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Is that really a thing or were you being funny?

I know people eat squirrel but it's never seemed like something to do for me....and I'm pretty adventurous in what I'll try.

It actually is....but I could t find a squirrel when I got home. 

https://www.realtree.com/timber-2-table-wild-game-recipes/buffalo-fried-squirrel

I have a recipe I’m interested in more than this one, but I can’t find it on line. 

I've wanted to try it for a while. 

I ended up with a delicious lightly seasoned rare venison back strap topped with cilantro chimechuri sauce, pan seared asparagus with parmasian and paprika,  home made molasses rye bread....washed down with a luscious Busch light. 

I did pretty well. 

36 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It actually is....but I could t find a squirrel when I got home. 

https://www.realtree.com/timber-2-table-wild-game-recipes/buffalo-fried-squirrel

I have a recipe I’m interested in more than this one, but I can’t find it on line. 

I've wanted to try it for a while. 

I ended up with a delicious lightly seasoned rare venison back strap topped with cilantro chimechuri sauce, pan seared asparagus with parmasian and paprika,  home made molasses rye bread....topped off with a luscious Busch light. 

I did pretty well. 

Yeah, that definitely sounds better than squirrel. Many years ago when I would hunt duck regularly on the loup river, I shot a squirrel when we were bored and the ducks weren't flying. Started cleaning the thing in the blind and gave up on it after awhile when I figured out there wasn't any meat to speak of on it. Reminds of the gopher in Oh Brother Where Art Thou.

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah, that definitely sounds better than squirrel. Many years ago when I would hunt duck regularly on the loup river, I shot a squirrel when we were bored and the ducks weren't flying. Started cleaning the thing in the blind and gave up on it after awhile when I figured out there wasn't any meat to speak of on it. Reminds of the gopher in Oh Brother Where Art Thou.

LOL....If you’re going to feed the family, you need more than a few squirrels. 

I would actually rather use rabbit but I never see one around my house. 

On 3/8/2019 at 1:40 PM, TGHusker said:

A Taco Bell worker noted that the suspect “did not follow proper health/safety guidelines” by not wearing “protective gloves while making his food.”

I love this quote. As if that's the part that matters.

I haven't had one in about 15 years but I used to eat Mexican pizzas pretty often, and they had no consistency at all in the amount of each ingredient. I totally feel for the guy :P

On 3/9/2019 at 2:03 PM, Moiraine said:

I love this quote. As if that's the part that matters.

I haven't had one in about 15 years but I used to eat Mexican pizzas pretty often, and they had no consistency at all in the amount of each ingredient. I totally feel for the guy :P

Glad you grabbed that quote - I really laughed at that one also.