Going To Eat This

So, I made the stock from the recipe above a couple of weeks ago, then used that to make this.  Best bean soup ever.

Pressure Cooker Split Pea and Ham Soup

3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 medium onion, finely diced
1 large rib celery, finely diced
6 ounces ham steak, diced
2 medium cloves garlic, minced
1 pound dried green split peas
6 cups homemade or store-bought chicken stock, or water
2 bay leaves
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Melt butter in a pressure cooker over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and ham and cook, stirring, until softened but not browned, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook until aromatic, about 30 seconds.

Add peas, chicken stock or water, and bay leaves. Stir to combine, then cover pot and bring to high pressure. Cook for 20 minutes, then rapidly release pressure by opening the air valve. Open pot lid, stir contents until smooth, season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve. Carefully clean the pressure cooker's gasket and valves as soon as the pot is cool enough to handle; pea soup can easily clog valves, which can cause your cooker to over-pressurize the next time you use it. Soup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.

Thanks for those recipes, @knapplc. Also, the reason to remove thyme is because the leaves can be too strong. I always remove fresh thyme and rosemary before serving or I put it in a spice grinder or food processor so there aren't any bites of the food that are too strongly thyme or rosemary. If that doesn't bother you, then you should leave them in and get that extra flavor.

• 1 month later...

Couldn't find the already ate this thread so I'll drop this here 

Wing Stop bone-in wings, half mango habanero and half Louisiana rub with fries.

Love their wings and as a bonus they have $1 sixteen oz draws while you wait for your wings. And it isn't just domestics. They usually have a couple good micros to choose from. One of my favorite places to get carry out.