Sign in to follow this  
Mavric

NFL 2019

4 hours ago, Mavric said:

I wonder if there is more to this story? He supposedly turned down a 5 year $70 million contract last year that Pittsburgh was offering.

3 hours ago, MLB 51 said:

I wonder if there is more to this story? He supposedly turned down a 5 year $70 million contract last year that Pittsburgh was offering.

I would guess that he is simply either a bad negotiator or just an idiot.

6 hours ago, MLB 51 said:

Seems like he just thinks he's more valuable than everyone else thinks he is.

8 hours ago, Mavric said:

Seems like he just thinks he's more valuable than everyone else thinks he is.

The guaranteed money is a lot better than the 18 mil from the Steelers offer from what I heard.

On 3/13/2019 at 6:01 PM, Army_Allen said:

The guaranteed money is a lot better than the 18 mil from the Steelers offer from what I heard.

The former Pittsburgh Steelers star signed a four-year, $52.5 million contract, including $25 million guaranteed at signing.

"I don't regret anything that had happened," Bell said on the conference call with reporters. "Everything's happened for a reason. Who can say that if I played last year, you know, if I do go out and play last year on a one-year franchise tag, if I do get hurt, do I end up sitting in this position today, being with the New York Jets on a beautiful deal?"

Bell also suggested a heavy workload with the Steelers might have hurt his market value, saying, "Who's to say a team would take me after 400 carries?"

He wouldn't have faced that situation if he had accepted the Steelers' long-term offer, a reported $70 million over five years. That proposal included $33 million in the first two years and $20.5 million guaranteed in the first year.

A review of Bell's contract with the Jets shows he'll be making less money than what he could have had in Pittsburgh. He will make $14.5 million in the first year, including an $8 million signing bonus. His two-year payout is $26 million. The three-year payout is $39.5 million, $5.5 million shy of what he would've made with the Steelers.

ESPN