Most Valuable CFB Teams

Mavric

11 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

Let me clarify.  He's saying that if a man fishes for money he can be taught how to play football but if a man is taught how to play football he can't fish for money.  It's the same lesson as "If a fish loves a football, where would they live?"  Fish and footballs are incompatible no matter how much money they both make.  Hopefully my gibberish helped.

I have a different take. I think it’s that if a man fishes for fish that have no money, he should just play football. But if he teaches fish to play football, he’ll make a lot of money. 

• Haha 1

Gamin Glen has it dead right. These figures are meaningless.

What counts in terms of revenue is not only cash in but cash out.

If recruiting expenses and coaches' salaries are factored in NE's 'profit' may be less than other BIG teams.

I know this is heresy to many but objectively the recruiting rankings are a guessing game. Since NE has been in the BIG I have read every year how NE's recruiting rank was better than the teams that have beat NE like a drum like WI.

What counts are results on the field. Not made up numbers carried to four significant figures which is math fraud.

1 hour ago, Jason Sitoke said:

I have a different take. I think it’s that if a man fishes for fish that have no money, he should just play football. But if he teaches fish to play football, he’ll make a lot of money. 

I can't disagree with your take. +1.  I believe we are all saying the same thing.

Year after year, decade after decade...

Alabama and the SEC...Michigan...Ohio State...Notre Dame...Oklahoma...and the rest of the college football version of the One Percenters.

Sure, some party crashers dare to enter the realm of the CFB Royals for a time, but usually don’t stay there very long.

This is great for fans of Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, and the rest of the college football version of the One Percenters. But for the rest of America, it’s like watching a tired rerun of an old TV show that you’ve already seen a thousand times and it all begins to look the same after a while.

Leaving the Revenue-Generating-Sports aspect on the side for a moment, CFB is supposed to be about entertainment. There is nothing entertaining about seeing the same names year after year sitting at the Big Table and everyone else has to sit at the side table again.

Sure, give them credit for holding serve and staying up there for so long. But let’s face it. They have had outside help along the way to be able to remain there. And they also benefit from long-term embedded brand name recognition and virtually unlimited football budgets. And people who will look away when real trouble does show up in their programs.

The Huskers need to rise up the charts for their own reasons. But they also need to get back to the top to give these CFB Royals some discomfort that someone else now dares to once again sit at the Big Table with them.

25 minutes ago, Roundball Shaman said:

Year after year, decade after decade...

Alabama and the SEC...Michigan...Ohio State...Notre Dame...Oklahoma...and the rest of the college football version of the One Percenters.

Sure, some party crashers dare to enter the realm of the CFB Royals for a time, but usually don’t stay there very long.

This is great for fans of Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, and the rest of the college football version of the One Percenters. But for the rest of America, it’s like watching a tired rerun of an old TV show that you’ve already seen a thousand times and it all begins to look the same after a while.

Leaving the Revenue-Generating-Sports aspect on the side for a moment, CFB is supposed to be about entertainment. There is nothing entertaining about seeing the same names year after year sitting at the Big Table and everyone else has to sit at the side table again.

Sure, give them credit for holding serve and staying up there for so long. But let’s face it. They have had outside help along the way to be able to remain there. And they also benefit from long-term embedded brand name recognition and virtually unlimited football budgets. And people who will look away when real trouble does show up in their programs.

The Huskers need to rise up the charts for their own reasons. But they also need to get back to the top to give these CFB Royals some discomfort that someone else now dares to once again sit at the Big Table with them.

Ummm...we are a member of the CFB version of 1%ers you are talking about.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1