Playcalling or execution?

Just now, 3rd and long said:

That’s true, but if you think back, and look very objectively, I do believe things, silly penalties, technique, etc really are all getting better all the time. It’s taken longer than I thought it would, but it is getting better. Think back just a few short years and remember how ridiculously bad it was under Riley. 

I hope so. I actually agree with you About the development in many areas. 

It is lack of execution.  It is lack of depth of talent in most positions.  It is deficient S&C over the past 15 years.  It is coaching.

1.  If you are scrambling to put depth on the field, execution is going to suffer, pure and simple.

2.  If you have a lack of depth, then practices don't really hone the top players beyond where they are already at.  Hard to prepare for an all conference tackle when you are facing a second year 2 or 3 star.

3.  S&C doesn't fix things in a year or two.  It just doesn't.

4.  Scott has the brightest future of most any coach in the BIG, and I believe that. But he's in year 4 of head coaching.  Tom Osborn said he was a MUCH better coach in year 10 as a head coach than he was in year 5.

I'm not going to worry, fret or curse about any of these things for at least two more full seasons after this one.  And I feel if Scott can't turn it around, it won't get turned around.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, Hayseed said:

I think we look for complex solutions to obvious problems. Put someone in who can hike a ball. The 'chicken or egg' arguments aren't necessary.
If you watch this, you'll see what our offense was supposed to look like against NW.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG_dvYTd_7c&t=183s

Huh? We don't run the same offense as Stanford and they only scored 4 more points. If it was that simple they probably would have done it by now. In fact they subbed Jurgens out against USA. Farniok did not inspire confidence in his stead.

Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

I am becoming increasingly convinced that if the O-Line wasn't terrible, everything else would look way better, nobody more so than Martinez. As a whole, when figuring in the snapping issues, this may be the most inept O-Line we've ever had.

The line breaks down the most out of any position group. That said they are young and show flashes of very good play. Hopefully they gel more as the season progresses.

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Sometimes it’s true 

C20F0EE8-DC64-46E0-861E-59C3E91A03F2.gif

So, if this true ... I guess one has to assume that they got hoodwinked into coming to :bigredn: by Frost and again, these few players are victims all over again [even though they are the superior player].

God help us if this true.  We have the wrong coaching staff if this is true 

1 minute ago, BigRedN said:

So, if this true ... I guess one has to assume that they got hoodwinked into coming to :bigredn: by Frost and again, these few players are victims all over again [even though they are the superior player].

God help us if this true.  We have the wrong coaching staff if this is true 

Doesn't the gif make the sarcasm clear? Lol