Zac Taylor

I think as long as he gets protection from his line, he will be fine. He can have a big season, but the protection is what he really needs. After that, if he can have a running game backing him up, which I think they will, it can help him have a big season because it will set up the play action. I also can't wait for the season to start. It's gonna be fun.

Completely disagree with the assesment of Taylor's arm strength. He has a nfl caliber arm. He can throw the deep out and the square in with consistancy, and as a matter of fact, the deep out, which is the toughest throw to make in football, became his go to pattern. I think his arm alone gets him drafted. I think the nfl would be more concerned with his general lack of athleticism. At this point I believe he is actually a more polished passer than Leinart was last year, just sans weapons. He could be a anywhere from a late second day pick all the way up to a first round pick depending on how the year goes. There is a reason that kiper has him in his top five, and it isnt because of his blazing speed...

I remember a pass that got a long gain in the Maine game to Frantz Hardy. Was that a long pass, or just a long run after the catch?

It seems like that was a slant with a long RAC. I know ZT is great at throwing the flag or corner route (opposite of post). I want to see him throw more deep balls this year. Never attempted very many last year.

I don't really recall very many deep balls thrown last season. Yes there were some, the two longest receptions of the year IIRC were the one to hardy in the maine game and cory ross's 70 yard scamber on the little dump pass. I dont think taylor had enough time or opportunities to show what he can do with the deep ball. I thought the quick slants (recognizing blitz and holes in coverage before the play) and quick outs were his strongpoint personally.

have we seen the best of him? absolutely not. this year i feel like if he can prove that he can consistantly place those deep balls then yes his draft status goes up....right now i have him sitting in 3rd-4th round. all IMO